all

Credit Reports

How do I sync my credit reports?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Reports

I don't know what you're asking.  Sync your credit reports?

I've seen something like this on Credit Karma, they want you to enter your information about all your accounts.  Not worth your time or effort in my opinion.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 8
all

Thank you.
Message 3 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@all wrote:

Can you clarify the question?  Is information missing from one or more reports?

Message 4 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@takeshi74 wrote:

@all wrote:

Can you clarify the question?  Is information missing from one or more reports?

If that is the case, some information on one report, then not on others.  Then there is no way to do that.  Each of the CRAs don't care what's on the other reports and will glady inform you of that.

The only thing I've seen about syncing reports, is on the Creditkarma website that wants you to put all the information about each account in so they can sync them.  To me that's just putting more info out there that's unneeded.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 8
Jim-WI
Valued Member

Credit Karma (CK) uses TU Plus scoring method.  Thus, when new CC applications are approved, CK wants you to "sync"  the CC information that you have entered in CK to the TU report that it is pulling (a Soft Pull, mind you)  For example,  I recently started to use CK (TU FAKO score) in conjunction with ScoreWatch on myFICO.  I was recently approved for three CC's.  As the new CC accounts have been reported to TU, CK wants you to select the respective report to the CC information you have created in CK.  This is to track % of util and payment history.  Seeing CK only uses TU, EQ and EX will not show up on your CK score.  Simply put, you will not be able to "sync" between all three of the CRA's.  I hope this answers your question. 

Message 6 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Jim-WI wrote:

Credit Karma (CK) uses TU Plus scoring method.  Thus, when new CC applications are approved, CK wants you to "sync"  the CC information that you have entered in CK to the TU report that it is pulling (a Soft Pull, mind you)  For example,  I recently started to use CK (TU FAKO score) in conjunction with ScoreWatch on myFICO.  I was recently approved for three CC's.  As the new CC accounts have been reported to TU, CK wants you to select the respective report to the CC information you have created in CK.  This is to track % of util and payment history.  Seeing CK only uses TU, EQ and EX will not show up on your CK score.  Simply put, you will not be able to "sync" between all three of the CRA's.  I hope this answers your question. 

Excellent answer. So basically, it's for their benefit and not ours. 

Message 7 of 8
Jim-WI
Valued Member

It does help (yourself) in the aspect that you will be able to track % of CC Util, AAoA, the ability to track any late payments, and some other number of statistics that I cannot pull from the top of my head.  This falls under the moniker of: "help me (Credit Karma) help you (the user of CK)".  It is not completely self-serving to CK, but rather a way for CK to package their product so you get all of the "bells and whistles" from a one stop shop.  The only problem is that they do not provide the true FIKO score that myFICO provides under the ScoreWatch service.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.