Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score-Creditkeeper vs Truecredit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score-Creditkeeper vs Truecredit

My husband and I have subscriptions to creditkeeper and we recently decided to try out truecredit because you all gave it such great reviews.  My question is why, if there appears to be no changes to any of the reports, would my husbands transunion credit score be a 624 on credit keeper (report date 3/30/07) and a 581 on truecredit (report date 4/12/07)?
We did compare both reports side by side to see if any thing was missing or if there was any big change.  There does not appear to be any differences. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score-Creditkeeper vs Truecredit

Different formula in use. In either case both scores are completely irrelevant for the most part - both of the services are only valuable for their reports. Plus truecredit offers daily pulls.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have both credit keeper and truecredit as well. I like the way creditkeeper gives all three reports which you can get at other sites but the price is reasonable. The model they use seems a lot more generous then truecredit and myfico. Myfico for me is the most conservative model. My scores are lower with them. I believe my tu is 565 with truecredit and 596 with creditkeeper. I like to see all my credit reports at the same time with creditkeeper since the price is cheap and use my tu for the daily reports and use myfico for the scores and alerts. I figure once myfico scores have reached my goals the other models are going to be higher. Good Luck in your credit score goals!!  
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally think True Credit is a scam.  I signed up for this service and got the same form email every week for a year. It said " no new changes to your score" even though I was making huge purchases of $5000 or more on some of those months.  I once made a $10,000 purchase for a new diesel engine with a credit card, and True Credit sent the same form email telling me "nothing new".

I believe they just want your money, then send you a form email 52 times a year to give you the illusion that they are actually doing something.  Stay away from True Credit.
Message 4 of 9
Nuggy
Established Member

I would slightly disagree with the "scores are irrelevant' comment, and only because this is true for everything except within the context of the same scoring model over time, which tells you the general direction of your score. They may be 'FAKO' scores, but they do serve to give you at least a basic idea of the general direction of your overall credit picture.

Other than that, I agree. The scores aren't themselves used for anything other than to give you a number to digest; they are rarely if ever used by creditors to determine credit worthiness. (The one exception might be the 'Vantage' score, which although still in its infancy and rarely used, does seem to slowly be gaining clients.)

Also keep in mind that a lot of those scores are based on a different scale; one that goes to 900 or 950 or whatever, whereas myFico only goes to 850. Consider this: A score of 9 is pretty good when the range is 1 to 10. Then a score of 10 seems better, right? Well, not if that score is based on a scale from 1 to 20.

That said, I will say that I do also subscribe to TC simply for the ability to update your report and (fako) score once a day as part of your subscription, as opposed to twice a year. I take the scores with a grain of salt.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they are relavent.  I found out the certain credit card companies are using the TC scores to make decision.  I found this out yesterday.....So be careful they are doing there work to get into myfico's market and become a source.  Barclays bank uses them.....

Message Edited by mporchejr on 07-22-2007 10:06 PM
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use myfico and TC...myfico updated DH's EX yesterday.  He had a jump from 561 to 644 since the first of the month.  TC isn't reporting any change to his scores even though his reports have changed.  I've been updating every 24 hours and nothing since Friday even though myfico changed on Saturday.

I wish myfico operated like TC at least with the scores...pay one monthly fee and get fico updates daily.  I'm kinda discouraged with SW here...no alerts yet ~ but EQ is slow to investigate disputes Smiley Sad  At any rate I'm not renewing SW after the free 30 day trial...just not worth the $ for me right now.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please... do some better research. TrueCredit's fake scores are only seen by YOU and by nobody else, especially creditors. Creditors do not have access to your TrueCredit account, and they do not utilize the fake TrueCredit scoring model to judge your credit criteria.

They might use TRANSUNION, which owns TrueCredit, but that's all. And they most likely use a FICO score based on your TransUnion file or maybe even TransUnion's "Vantage" score, but it has nothing to do with your TrueCredit fake score.

The TrueCredit fake score is worthless and it only serves as an indicator of whether your other scores might be going up or down, nothing else.
Message 8 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

mporchejr wrote:
No they are relavent.  I found out the certain credit card companies are using the TC scores to make decision.  I found this out yesterday.....So be careful they are doing there work to get into myfico's market and become a source.  Barclays bank uses them.....

Barclays/Juniper pulls the TU FICO, at least where I am.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.