Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Tracker by Discover

tag
BluMoon
New Contributor

Credit Score Tracker by Discover

Discover provides a credit score and report in conjunction with Experion.  I am well aware that the score is not a FICO score.  I think it's worth it (8.95 per month I believe) because I can get an idea of where my Experion FICO score is heading (up or down) simply by following my Discover Credit Score Tracker.  What do you think?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score Tracker by Discover

@BluMoon wrote:

Discover provides a credit score and report in conjunction with Experion.  I am well aware that the score is not a FICO score.  I think it's worth it (8.95 per month I believe) because I can get an idea of where my Experion FICO score is heading (up or down) simply by following my Discover Credit Score Tracker.  What do you think?

If you know it's not an Experian FICO score why wouild you pay good money to track something that is worthless and can't be compared or correlated to a real EX FICO score in any shape or fashion?

A FAKO score going up or down doesn't mean the FICO score will move in the same direction. There is simply no way to predict.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

You should check out the PSECU option.  You'll find the thread in the CC boards.  Essentially, you can join a CU in PA by making a $20 donation to their parks department and for $6 ($5 into share, $1 into checking - or $5 into share, and open a credit card), you can get your Experian score for free on your statement once a month into perpetuity.   I wouldn't pay any amount for a monthly FAKO, but I have paid for tri report monitoring that allowed daily pulls and included FAKOs.  That was worth it to monitor activity when I was doing a lot of repair stuff.  

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
BluMoon
New Contributor

PSECU sounds good.  I'll look into it.

Message 4 of 6
CCOCD
Valued Member

The Discover report is bull.It is not accurate and not worth the money.The credit score may as well be pulled out of the sky.My score there showed a 725 but when I pulled EQ it was 675.Huge difference IMO.

Starting Score: 672
Current Score: EQ ? TU 698
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
BluMoon
New Contributor

@CCOCD wrote:

The Discover report is bull.It is not accurate and not worth the money.The credit score may as well be pulled out of the sky.My score there showed a 725 but when I pulled EQ it was 675.Huge difference IMO.

Could be because Discover uses Experian's score, not Equifax's.  There can be significant differences in CRA's.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.