Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score go down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score go down

Waiting for my walmar credit card to get my real fico score im using credit karma , this morning i receive a message my score change , when i check my score go down 29 points in equifax just for add the walmart card to record , thats normal ? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score go down

@Anonymous wrote:

Waiting for my walmar credit card to get my real fico score im using credit karma , this morning i receive a message my score change , when i check my score go down 29 points in equifax just for add the walmart card to record , thats normal ? 

That is a lot of points.  Are you sure that nothing else has reported on there?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i check but just appear they add walmart card 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i check but just appear they add walmart card 

Sometimes there is a glitch with Credit Karma so I wouldn't panic till the next update.  3 months ago, I got an alert for dropping 50 points on CK for my TU when nothing actually posted /happened.  A few days later, I got another alert saying my scores went up.. Go figure..

Credit Karma  is on crack sometimes...

Message 4 of 8
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

AAoA if you went from like 3 yrs to less than 2 it's possible, maybe.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea thats alot of points just for that , when they add amazon card i think never go down or just some points , this very rare. like you say wait for nex update. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea thats alot of points just for that , when they add amazon card i think never go down or just some points , this very rare. like you say wait for nex update. 

I think credit karma is at it again.  Just wait for the next update and you will see what I am talking about..

Message 7 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

when i check my score go down 29 points in equifax just for add the walmart card to record , thats normal ? 

It could be.  CK's VantageScore doesn't really matter much unless you know you have a creditor that acutally uses it.  You'd have to carefully compare reports before and after the change to confirm that the new account is the only change that would have impacted your score.  Don't just rely on the alerts.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.