Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score going up - Delinquencies disappearing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score going up - Delinquencies disappearing

Hi,

I am new to the forums, but wanted to voice some concerns, see if anyone has some insight for me.

I have been working on my fico scores, disputing old accounts sold several times to see what I could get off my report.  I have paid off some old debts, and have some new credit that is good, and some longterm accounts that are good.  In the past 5 months my credit score has risen about 100 points to the mid to high 600's(642, 658, 666<scary>) so I am getting there, just a little more and I'll be in the 'Very Good' range of scores.  WooHoo!!!  MyFico has been a great help in doing that.

Anyhow, on to the questions, I disputed a lot of things, some should have rolled-off(7 year rule), but it seems like A LOT of the rolled off of my reports, I used to have probably 10 bad things reported, now I have like 4 on each report, just seems like a lot of them disappeared.  Not complaining, just seems like everything worked. 

I still have some old collections that are not that much and I want to pay them off, but the credit reports don't show address/contact information for them, anyone have any ideas on that?

Also, since I recently got some new, good credit lines, my information was updated and that spawned an old debt collector to start contacting me, the debt is more than 7 years old, and it does not show on any of my credit reports.  My question is, one, how do you go about telling them to stop since the debt was incurred over 7 years ago?  And if I need to prove it, once things roll off your report you don't have them to reference anymore, a company could 're-age' them and false the debt.  If I don't have any of my old records to prove it's age, is there a way?  I was thinking if you run your credit history for past years that would show the old debt, but is there anything like that?

Thanks,
Patrick

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score going up - Delinquencies disappearing

First off Welcome!!

Second, re-aging an old debt is ILLEGAL!!  You should some of the Frequently Requested Threads at the top of the main General Credit Issues page.

I find my equifax report doesn't have name and addresses for the creditors on my report, but one of the others does, ah!! It was Transunion.

Remember, PFD, no deletion, no money.
Message 2 of 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score going up - Delinquencies disappearing

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.