Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Sesame - drops / increases

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Credit Sesame - drops / increases

Let me preface this as I don't take it too seriously.

I logged in for the monthly update and saw a score drop that was significant (65 points).  Knowing this isn't a FICO I went to the adverse action site for Experian since that's who they base their info off of.  Pulled a full report and verified nothing major had changed.  The only thing that changed was a couple of balances had reported.  Nothing significant though total util under 10% and actual util ~3% but, previously no or 1 balance reporting.  

I'm just wondering if anyone else saw a big swing this month.

I think it was 805 last month and this month it dropped to 740.  

Maybe they actually tried to pull in the algorithm to make it closer to an actual FICO?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Sesame - drops / increases

Mine jumped 58 points this month to 712.  I think my real EX is somewhere around 660ish but there is no way to tell.  USAA and Experian websites have my FAKO scores at 661.  CS is much higher....I'm hoping CS is closer to the real score Smiley Happy

Really upsets me that I cant get my real EX score without a hard pull.   Seems very deceptive practice on part of EX.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.