cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Sesame hasn't updated in almost 6 months - help?

tag
elegia
New Contributor

Credit Sesame hasn't updated in almost 6 months - help?

I only just noticed that my Credit Sesame profile basically hasn't updated since May 2013. I have a feeling that this has something to do with me manually fixing my financial data... I got a bogus collections account removed and I was impatient and manually deleted the account from my CS profile and also adjusted the information for my credit card - CL had been increased in April but the changes hadn't shown up on my May CS report, and although my APR had been reduced every 3 months it still showed my starting APR. I think I might have also changed the balance at the time because back then I didn't know that the reported balance was what appeared on the monthly statement (complete newbie here). At any rate, my CS profile basically hasn't changed. It shows my credit card as updating on the statement date each month, but my balance/util/DTI/everything has not changed and has been the same every month - so if they're getting the information, they're not doing anything with it.

Any ideas about how to fix this?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Sesame hasn't updated in almost 6 months - help?

I had the same problem, The last time mine was updated was in Feb.  I called them 2 times and they said it should update and it never did. So i deleted my CS account.

I did have a security freeze and a fraud alert on my file. All i can say ,you may want to  to call them and see if that will work for you.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 9
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I don't know how to fix it or what caused it, but my CS results have also been bogus for months. My score doesn't match my badge (or match reality, for that matter). My debt hasn't been updated since spring or summer. The alleged value of my home is the only thing that changes, and it fluctuates in an absolutely comical manner.

I don't think it's anything we've done. I've had no credit freezes or anything like that. I think it's that CS is just broken, at least for a lot of us.

I do get occasional credit monitoring alerts, but even they are very unpredictable and when the next monthly update comes around, the changes that their own monitoring system alerted to don't show in the scores or debt figures.

Message 3 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Agreed. Mine is updating either. Credit.com is a nice alternative.
Message 4 of 9
elegia
New Contributor

I called CS asking what's up, and the rep kept repeating that they update your CS profile with what's on your Experian report. After pointing out numerous times that their info hasn't matched my Experian report for almost half a year despite logging on routinely, I just gave up. What really impressed me, however, was that he could not understand why it was such a big deal and therefore refused to forward my problem up to support or for investigation since I could "just update it manually every month." Well, that sounds like a GREAT credit monitoring service. *facepalm* 

Message 5 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Mine FINALLY updated today, after 3 months of the same data!

Message 6 of 9
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

I have a security freeze on my account as well.  I temporarily removed it to see if it would work.  Still no, so i emailed CS customer service. They sent me an email stating if there is a security freeze or fraud alert on file, that would stop any updates. I responded that my freeze had been lifted (temporarily).  I checked CS a few hours later, and it's updated!  I'm now up to 682!!! 

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 7 of 9
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Mine also just updated yesterday.
Samsung mobile
Message 8 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Both my DH and I have FAs on our reports and we get the updates.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.