Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Tracker

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Tracker

As most of you know from my previous posts, I am in the process of rebuilding my credit. I am currently at a 501 FICO however based on simulators and points I recently lost that should come back I expect a rapid increase back to around 600. This is important as I am waiting to be able to apply for financing for a engagement ring.

Typically I am patient enough to just wait and check my monthly report I recieve from my bank, but right now I would like to monitor it on a daily basis so I know exactly when I can go in an apply for financing. I am basically looking for something at $10-$15 a month that will update my score daily and that does not have a long term requirement (i.e. you have to commit to a year of membership). I want to be able to cancel it after a few months if I decide to.

What are my best options?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Tracker

Opening that can of worms again......

OP, It is admirable that you are getting your financial house in order prior to marriage, however, if you do a search on the boards for engagement ring, you will find that this is not favored on the board. 

I chimed in on a previous post...maybe you might want to review advice given previously on this subject.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for advice on a credit tracker, not where to finance a ring. I have recieved zero advice on that topic.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting your financial house in order to finance an engagement ring is like going to rehab in preparation for a big kegger.  That unsolicited advice is my wedding gift to you.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Getting your financial house in order to finance an engagement ring is like going to rehab in preparation for a big kegger.  That unsolicited advice is my wedding gift to you.

Good advice.

Statistically, you'll have a happier marriage if you spend less on your nuptials, including the ring. If your potential mate will reject your proposal due to a subpar offering...well....

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked for advice on a credit tracker, not where to finance a ring. I have recieved zero advice on that topic.

MyFICO is good but you don't get updated reports. You can use Credit Karma as a backup to view the actual entries, and MyFICO to monitor your scores. 

TU offers a monitoring system that updates daily, just for their reports, that is $16 a month but I wouldn't recommend it. 

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP is not asking where /how to finance a ring but rather where to get a cheaper credit report and score.  Lets answer the question asked and not make assumptions based on previous posts.

OP, have you looked into Credit Karma?  They give you free TU and EQ for free in terms of FAKOs.  For a real FICO, you'd have to get them here and do it monthly.  With the subscription, you can cancel anytime.

Message 7 of 24
truckerwife
Valued Member

I use Credit Karma and the credit tracker with my Capital one card for the most part.  I did recently sign up for MyFico because I wanted to see my actual scores after working on my credit for 6+ months.  I have recently disputed, sent DV, and asked for EE, once I hear back regarding all of these I'll cancel MyFico for a bit and continue on plugging away.  My goal is to remove the bad credit lines and inch my way closer to 700. 

Good luck with your journey

Currently TU - 702!! EQ - 651 EXP - 651
Started TU-502 EQ-572 EXP-?? (6/14)
Initial Goal 700 across the board
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Pencerm:

I actually use USAA Credit monitoring services. It is based off of Experian. You initially have to sign up through the USAA site and obtain a USAA number. Once you do this you can call in and give them your USAA number and let them know you are interested in a daily puller of reports and scores. Again, you have to call in for the daily puller services, but well worth the call. They can immediately set you up for that. Now, with that being said, it's $22 per month. When the rep told me this I asked her if they could do it at a lower rate? She immediately lowered the monthly charge to $16.46 per month for six months. I call in every six months and they renew it for me at the $16 rate.

This is a daily puller with daily reports and scores for all three bureaus. To me, for $16 a month you can't beat it. There's no commitment and you do not have to be in the military to join.

Please let me know if you have any questions.   Best of Luck!!

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As most of you know from my previous posts, I am in the process of rebuilding my credit. I am currently at a 501 FICO however based on simulators and points I recently lost that should come back I expect a rapid increase back to around 600. This is important as I am waiting to be able to apply for financing for a engagement ring.

Typically I am patient enough to just wait and check my monthly report I recieve from my bank, but right now I would like to monitor it on a daily basis so I know exactly when I can go in an apply for financing. I am basically looking for something at $10-$15 a month that will update my score daily and that does not have a long term requirement (i.e. you have to commit to a year of membership). I want to be able to cancel it after a few months if I decide to.

What are my best options?

Thanks!

I don't think you'll find anything in that price range, but Experians credit tracker is $1 for the first 7 days, then $20 per month for each bureau. Pick your middle score and track that one. Experian lets you pull a new score daily.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.