Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union Tradeline deleted by TransUnion

tag
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

Credit Union Tradeline deleted by TransUnion

My best CC tradeline has been deleted by TransUnion.  For some reason my credit union is no longer reporting my CC history to TransUnion.  They just informed me this morning.  I think it has been been going on for much longer as my CC tradeline has been at least 8 months behind and not updating properly.  I called my credit union and got the run around several times.  I finally got fed up and disputed it on the Transunion website.  I asked them to contact my credit union and update my account accordingly to its current status.  I received a notification a week ago that they deleted the entire trade line.  I'm not happy because I am rebuilding my credit.  I called my credit union immediately and the woman said she will fix it.  I called again this morning and she informed me that credit union management is no longer dealing with TransUnion.  They will only report to Equifax and Experian.  She told me to call TransUnion so they can add the tradeline again, but TransUnion says the credit union has to do it.  

At this point is my entire history with my CC gone and now I am unable to have it reported to TransUnion?  Does anybody have any advice on what I should do here?

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Union Tradeline deleted by TransUnion

I pretty much think you're done with it on TU. Especially if your CU isn't willing to report it one more time.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The only time a CRA will add account related info to your credit file that is not provided by a "furnisher" is when the info is public record information.

In order to improve the completenesss, and thus value, of their credit reports, the CRAs take it upon themselves to make searches of public record information and make it of record in consumer files.

For private accounts, they have no way to obtain, monitor and update the accuracy of information that is not provided by a "furnisher of information."

Message 3 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

Sorry op.  Truly a case of leaving well enough alone.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.