Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Unions

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Credit Unions

I don't know witch is better Alliant or State Dep credit Union. Is it a SP or HP to join. Hopefully someone can tell me the pros and cons with each.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Unions

@corymcd88 wrote:

I don't know witch is better Alliant or State Dep credit Union. Is it a SP or HP to join. Hopefully someone can tell me the pros and cons with each.

I haven't done any research for Alliant.  However, I believe it is a SP to join.  But please verify that with your own searching.   They may or may not pull Chex, too.

SDFCU SP EX and HP ChexSystems.   Note, I only opened a savings account with SDFCU.  I was a little surprised since I didn't open a checking account.  However, I don't worry about HP's to Chex.

As everyone will tell you SDFCU's secured CC only cost you a SP.  They also have a nice shared secured installment loan.  Their Auto loan car rates are lower than DCU, but only if you stick to 36 or fewer months.  What attracted me to SDFCU was their chip and pin (off-line) credit card.  I am thinking about some international travel and wanted to build a relationship with SDFCU in case I decided I needed a true chip and pin CC. 

Note, I haven't app'd for anything from SDFCU.   I just have joined and set up a small ACH deposit from my main account once a quarter to keep it active.

Message 2 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

Hopefully someone can tell me the pros and cons with each.

Pros and cons are a bit subjective and you really just need to compare the offerings from the two credit unions.  What are you looking for specifically?

Message 3 of 6
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Hopefully someone can tell me the pros and cons with each.

Pros and cons are a bit subjective and you really just need to compare the offerings from the two credit unions.  What are you looking for specifically?

I'm looking for good place to my pay and to work with. I love PenFed but they don't have branch sharing. I'm looking for any credit union I can join, I have looked at local credit union I just have not liked any of  them. Can you recommend a good one?

Message 4 of 6
Luscher
Valued Contributor

DCU
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

I'm looking for good place to my pay and to work with. I love PenFed but they don't have branch sharing. I'm looking for any credit union I can join, I have looked at local credit union I just have not liked any of  them. Can you recommend a good one?

Sorry, I can't.  Branch sharing isn't a concern for me.  None of the CU's I'm with have branch sharing.  That's precisely the specifics regarding what you're looking for and your priorties and preferences matter when you're asking for suggestions "good" ones.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.