Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit aging

tag
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Credit aging

I recently upgraded my C1 Platinum to a Quicksilver. The Platinum was about a year and a quarter old and I know that for C1's purposes, the card still remains a Platinum with a new name and color. Will the AAoR be based on the age of the new card, or on the age of the original Platinum?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit aging

When you PC or "upgrade" a cap1 card all the info reporting will stay the same so on your credit report there will be no change in your AAOA
Message 2 of 5
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, dragontears. Btw, dragons are my favorite animals.
Message 3 of 5
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

wrote:
When you PC or "upgrade" a cap1 card all the info reporting will stay the same so on your credit report there will be no change in your AAOA

Confirmed. Even your card number will stay the same.

Message 4 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

In terms of Capital One's branding, your card is a Quicksilver. The Visa/MasterCard branding is Platinum. Previously, your card's branding was Platinum in both Capital One and Visa/MasterCard terms. To make it more confusing, when you log into your account, Capital One may show you either their branding or Visa/MasterCard branding. I have three Quicksilvers. Two show up as Quicksilvers, and the other shows up as World MasterCard.

As mentioned, nothing important about the card changes other than the rewards structure. You'll likely have a new verification code and expiration date, which is no big deal.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.