Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit and FICO monitoring.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit and FICO monitoring.

I know most of use here monitor our credit scores quite often. I know that each year you get a free report. But I'm looking to sign up for one that gives me unlimited access to my TRUE credit and FICO scores, for a monthly fee of course. This'll help me when I got purchase a home and let me know when my inq fall of and I'm in a good position to apply for new cards (which I don't need Smiley Happy ) So what programs do you fellow myfico users use? Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit and FICO monitoring.

Hi, your credit report will be updated once a year regarless of what monitor system you get. if you want to see your updated credit report during any time of year they will have to be purchased (to see every little detail) 

now with the score monitoring it will monitor changes in scores and other info. (balance change, inqs added dropped.. collections)

i would suggest the 3 score watch which is around 24 dollars a month.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sapingo who offers it, the bureaus? I apologize if this is a stupid question.
Message 3 of 6
wmweeza
Established Contributor

I think this is what they mean... http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICO-3-Bureau-Credit-Monitoring/

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wmweeza wrote:

I think this is what they mean... http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICO-3-Bureau-Credit-Monitoring/

i have seen few posts where people stand behind the scores from the new scoring system, i will have to sign up myself few months before i plan on getting a mortgage
Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
But I'm looking to sign up for one that gives me unlimited access to my TRUE credit and FICO scores, for a monthly fee of course. This'll help me when I got purchase a home and let me know when my inq fall of and I'm in a good position to apply for new cards

There are a number of different CMS's that you can use for daily pulls and while the CMS thread no longer exists you can refer to prior discussions.  EIDT/MPM is a popular option since it's least expensive but pulls are literally restricted to every 24 hours and they have a klugdy interface (and it takes them several days just to get your account set up).  USAA's service is another popular option but you need to call in to request daily pulls and many find that they can also request a discount as well.

As for FICO's you can only purchase them from myFICO and I don't think there's a daily'unlimted option but you can certainly look at the offerings.  "True" doesn't really mean much with scores --  keep in mind that myFICO provides FICO 8 scores and most mortgage lenders use other FICO models.  See also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.  You can't rely on a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by an entirely different model even if they're both FICO's  IIRC myFICO has started offering some other scoring models as well but I don't recall the specifics off the top of my head.  Again, prior discussions do contain info that you may find useful.

EDIT: It looks like the sticky in the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum has info on the new scores available via myFICO if you don't want to hunt down threads on the topic.

EDIT2: Also forgot that one or more of the CRA's are now offering FICO's as well but I don't know if you can get daily/unlimited FICO's from them. 

@Anonymous wrote:
So what programs do you fellow myfico users use?

Given the various scoring models in use I don't fixate on scores and instead focus on the data in my reports.  I use CK for monitoring my TransUnion and Equifax reports.  That said, I do get the TU 08 from Discover, the Experian 08 Bankcard from FNBO and the Experian NextGen fron PenFed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.