Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card payment returned

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card payment returned

For whatever reason my payment to my Fidelity credit card was 'returned' a day before my due date.

It was only a $50 payment, so it wasn't like I didn't have enough in my account.

My due date was 2 days ago on the 4th and I only just got around to paying it. 

Will this be classed as late? Or do they give you a grace period?

I have never been late with a payment and usually pay at least a few weeks in advance Smiley Sad

Will be so upset if this affects my credit

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit card payment returned

Read your terms with regard to late fees, penalty APR's etc.  As for a late on your report, the late needs to be 30 days.  For definitive answers you need to contact your creditor about your specific situation rather than polling here.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

Read your terms with regard to late fees, penalty APR's etc.  As for a late on your report, the late needs to be 30 days.  For definitive answers you need to contact your creditor about your specific situation rather than polling here.

Ok thank you, I wasn't sure if it is the same with all cards. But you put my worries to rest at least.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you feel that there are ANY adverse implications to their action, credit reporting or account-related, then you can file a dispute under the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), and you are not restricted to waiting for any possible adverse credit reporting under the FCRA.

The FCBA has a stronger dispute process than that of the FCRA, and extends to any billing-related issue on revolving credit.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For whatever reason my payment to my Fidelity credit card was 'returned'

You may also want to look into the "whatever reason" to ensure future episodes like this don't happen. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For whatever reason my payment to my Fidelity credit card was 'returned'

You may also want to look into the "whatever reason" to ensure future episodes like this don't happen. Smiley Happy

Closed the card, too much hassle. Citi DC took its place Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.