Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card shopping spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card shopping spree

I finally applied for the Hooters MC and got the decline message...we'll mail you in 7-10 days on our answer...you all know the line. TU FICO score was 600. I really didn't want that card for the moral of it anyway...but since most seem to be saying not hard to get...I said why not go for it. Some peoples said they were approved in late 500's. Everything meant to be though.

Message Edited by SGT_F on 06-28-2007 09:27 PM
Message 11 of 24
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Hooters card will not give you instant approved message, you have to call customer service in 1-2 days, they will tell you the result Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Vu on 06-28-2007 09:34 PM

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vu wrote:

Too bad Amex no longer granting CLI upon activation. Smiley Sad

If you have a new AMEX, wait 30 days and try for CLI.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:
AMEX seems to no longer be granting CLIs within 30 days of activation.

Be sure to follow Tuscani's Recon link and recon your denials.

Got 2 of my AMEX yesterday, activated via the internet, requested CLI and WAS granted it.....an extra 2000.00!!!!!!!Smiley Surprised
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vu:  I am new at this so do not know the lingo, i.e., "CLI".  I assume CL is credit limit - makes sense - but what is CLI?  I want to apply for a credit card (from your experience it looks like Citi is my best bet).  My scores are all in the 670s.  What do you think? 
Message 15 of 24
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Guide to Common Abbreviations

CLI = Credit Line Increase

The thread is at the top of this forum

Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

flygirl wrote:

Got 2 of my AMEX yesterday, activated via the internet, requested CLI and WAS granted it.....an extra 2000.00!!!!!!!Smiley Surprised

Sweet!

You can do what you wanna do, in living color!

Message 18 of 24
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:

flygirl wrote:

Sweet!

You can do what you wanna do, in living color!

Never gets old.... OMG, do you remember the Fire Marshall Bill skits? "Let's just say..."

Classic Jim Carrey.
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:

Never gets old.... OMG, do you remember the Fire Marshall Bill skits? "Let's just say..."

Classic Jim Carrey.

Loved that show, but it must have been cursed. Except for Jim Carrey, I don't think many made it huge, and a lot are now Hollywood 3rd raters. Yummy Kim Coles recently did Celebrity Fit Camp.

Favorite moment was the Live Superbowl halftime presentation of In Living Color. During "Men On", I thought I was witnessing a moment in history when the FCC was gonna pull the plug on a halftime show. I laughed so hard, it hurt. How they ever convinced the network to let Damon Wayons and David Alan Grier do a couple of gay spoof characters, live, is beyond me.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.