Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card with higher limit - help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card with higher limit - help?

Does anyone know of a credit card that gives high credit limits for bad credit? All of my credit cards have a max of $1000.00 (started at $200). One lender told me my limits were too low. Here is my sitch:

Fico: 609/631/603
Lots of delinqents from 2002
Collections showing current b/c of debts from 2002
All credit cards current for past 2 years but showing current late payments from OC's from 2002(ugh!!)

I called my CC companies and they won't raise the limits. I seriously doubt I can get another CC and I really don't want to apply for credit but I really want a higher limit. For some reason, i just got a Target red card in the mail but it only had a $200 CL.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit card with higher limit - help?

Doesn't matter. Util is what is key. Assuming the util is the same.. there is no difference between 1 card with a 10k limit, or 10 cards with a 1k limit.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
Doesn't matter. Util is what is key. Assuming the util is the same.. there is no difference between 1 card with a 10k limit, or 10 cards with a 1k limit.

Huh. I guess I didn't realize that. It *seems* worse, for some reason, to have 10 small cards. Glad to know it's not.
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

tessarue wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

Huh. I guess I didn't realize that. It *seems* worse, for some reason, to have 10 small cards. Glad to know it's not.

In terms of util, it makes no difference. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.