Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit characterization

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit characterization

okrogius wrote:
While the offer is nice, it's only that. I don't consider primeness based on their best card, but rather the typical card. Again note cap 1 - they do have good cards, just far from their typical card.

I can't compain with their middle of the road card I haven't paid over 2% interest in the past year on any purchases thanks to great Bt offers.  That and they will auto upgrade you to bennies like cash back and lower interest rates makes it a great card in my book.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

::::::::If you got really weird questions, they pulled your LexisNexis report. Sometimes companies use that for verifying who you are, although luckily rarely. HSBC uses it frequently.::::::::

I just got a letter in the mail this weekend from Lexus Nexus stating that I had requested my report from them.  I didn't even know who they were to get a report from them.  However, I did apply for an HSBC card.  Could that be why I got the letter?  They want a copy of my DL and a variety of other documents before they will release the report.  Is this legit?  Should I be concerned that it's a scam?
Message 12 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't send anyone anything like that.
Message 13 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

HouseHunter wrote:
::::::::If you got really weird questions, they pulled your LexisNexis report. Sometimes companies use that for verifying who you are, although luckily rarely. HSBC uses it frequently.::::::::

I just got a letter in the mail this weekend from Lexus Nexus stating that I had requested my report from them.  I didn't even know who they were to get a report from them.  However, I did apply for an HSBC card.  Could that be why I got the letter?  They want a copy of my DL and a variety of other documents before they will release the report.  Is this legit?  Should I be concerned that it's a scam?

Ignore them. HSBC does not use Lexus Nexus.. HSBC is a consistent EQ puller.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didn't pull EQ on me.  It shows as EX but don't understand why I got the Lexis Nexis letter out of the blue.
Message 15 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

HouseHunter wrote:
They didn't pull EQ on me.  It shows as EX but don't understand why I got the Lexis Nexis letter out of the blue.

Hard to say for sure. There is quite a bit info in a Lexis Nexis report. Where you live, what you own, who your relatives and neighbors are, any criminal record or public judgment records, on and on and on...

They do not consider themselves a CRA and do not examine, verify, or correct their data; rather they resell data obtained from other sources. So, maybe HSBC queried them for non credit related data.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.