Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check total

tag
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit check total

y phone says I was on the call with them for 93 mins this morning. The rep said EQ rejected my request. I find this sort of strange since the next day I logged into my Experian IdentityWorks account and paid the $29.99 for the 3 scores report. (I figure EQ burped.)

Oh well, in any case, he says my account is inactive and should not bill me again. I'm in the garden at least until January, so the creditscorecard EX score will tide me over until then.

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 11 of 42
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It's absolutely ridiculous what is happening! If they are so overwhelmed because of the EQ breach -- why not just reactivate the automated cancellation line. It was a simple process and took less than a minute to cancel the 7-day trial.

I honestly believe that this is just a ploy to get away with charging the $29.99 fee. So, I won't be signing up again for the 7-day trial again until they start answering their phones.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

It's absolutely ridiculous what is happening! If they are so overwhelmed because of the EQ breach -- why not just reactivate the automated cancellation line. It was a simple process and took less than a minute to cancel the 7-day trial.

I honestly believe that this is just a ploy to get away with charging the $29.99 fee. So, I won't be signing up again for the 7-day trial again until they start answering their phones.

Why not just cancel via email which is the easiest way of all and save yourself the stress and anxiety?

Message 13 of 42
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Just as a data point, I sent an email to help@ on Thursday after I realized it wasn't working. I have yet to receive a response.

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ardecko wrote:

Just as a data point, I sent an email to help@ on Thursday after I realized it wasn't working. I have yet to receive a response.

Did you receive an automated cancellation email?  Usually when I cancel via email I receive 2 things.  One, a written response back from a rep stating that they received my email and have processed the cancellation.  Two, I get an automated cancellation email, basically a "we hate to see you go" type thing. 

On Monday if you haven't received a reply yet, I'd go into your sent folder and forward your original email to them again and simply write "I'm forwarding you the email I sent back on _______, as I didn't receive a response.  Please reply as soon as possible to confirm my trial membership cancellation."

Message 15 of 42
FitNutrix
Valued Member

I just got off the phone with Credit Check Total AKA CCT to cancel my seven-day free trial.
- Sent email three days ago to support no response
- Called Total time on Hold 1hr 32min finally got somebody and canceled.

Update on CCT:
- Rep stated they are no longer offering cancellation discounts so no more 50% discount for one year on membership
- Rep instead signed me up for FREE EX monitoring, and I can also use the EX iOS App
- Rep stated they're offering Experian Credit Works Premium which monitors all three CRA for $24.99/month
- CreditWorks Premium seems to be much better than FICO Ultimate 3B but would love to hear from people in the myFICO forums on differences

Starting Score: EQ: 651 FICO TU: 615 FICO EX: 629 FAKO (08/06/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 533 FICO TU: 523 FICO EX: 494 FICO
Goal Score: 700+ Across Board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called not long ago to cancel the women on the other end was a doll she really worked hard on getting me not only canceled but also set me up with Experian basic monitoring service that was free so far I'm very happy if CCT offers a 50% deal again I may jump on board. Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 42
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Guys I was just about to make my own post about this as a warning. I’ve currently been on hold for 55 minutes and counting to cancel or get my promo reinstated. What I don’t understand is CCT and their parent company Experian is not Equifax so what’s the issue? Secondly, they have a menu when you call which diverts all calls regarding Equifax to a different department. So I’m extra confounded why the cancel line is tied up with this.

Lastly, I find it interesting the OP posted about this 1 week ago and nothing has changed in terms of this hold up.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

91 minutes for me this evening!! 

Message 19 of 42
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

91 minutes for me this evening!! 

I hung up at exactly 90 minutes. Now the thought that one minute more would have produced results is killing me.

So they won’t extend the 50% off anymore? I just am coming off a year. I guess I’ll just cancel it if that’s the case.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.