cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit.com- Payment History=F, FICO estimate=795?

tag
SquirrelParty
Established Member

Credit.com- Payment History=F, FICO estimate=795?

OK so I am trying to clean up my credit after a mortgage mod, heloc settlement and various other credit problems a few years ago.

I was told I had a FICO in the 500s in Summer, 2012 (that was the middle of the mortgage mod).

Now, today credit.com is saying 

payment history = F (#25-total lates, #8-30 day lates, #8-90 day lates)

debt usage = A+

credit age = A

account mix = A-

Inquiries= D

So, with this it is giving me-

"Experian Credit Score" = 820 (out of 900)

FICO estimate = 795 (national avg = 691)

VANTAGE estimate = 898 (national avg 749) ** seems correct because I am 905 on CK's "vantage score" which is an A

If I have a 795 FICO I will be shocked.  I settled a HELOC as "agreed for less than amt", did a mortgage mod and settled 2 credit cards.  How can someone have an F in credit history and a 790 FICO?  Or is this credit.com just way off in general?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit.com- Payment History=F, FICO estimate=795?

Fako's not fico.  Could be a big difference

Message 2 of 16
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Their FICO estimates don't seem to handle baddies well.  Mine is at 740 while my real FICO is at 702 with a BK on file.    

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Unless you have cleaned up any of those late payments then I wouldn't expect your FICO® score to be significantly improved from where it was 6 months ago. Those lates will keep your score down, and will only hurt your score gradually less over time.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 16
SquirrelParty
Established Member

@pizzadude wrote:
Unless you have cleaned up any of those late payments then I wouldn't expect your FICO® score to be significantly improved from where it was 6 months ago. Those lates will keep your score down, and will only hurt your score gradually less over time.

Well, I do have 3% credit utilization now with some decent credit limits so that helps...  but yeah, those lates are still out there on my credit report so I shouldn't be excellent anywhere.    For comparison, my credit sesame score is 659 and quizzle is 681 (my CK vantage score is 905- same as credit.com). 

Tomorrow I am going to do some research to find the absolute cheapest one time FICO score and when I will find it, I will post it here.   It should be interesting to see which of these free services is closest to the real fico.

Message 5 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Cool ~ sounds like you are in good shape with your revolving utilization. I'd try sending out GW letters also,maybe you can get some of the late payments removed.
Message 6 of 16
GregB
Valued Contributor

Not really much point in buying a FICO since it will be around 600 or so, assuming the data on your reports is the same for all three CRAs. If you want to buy a FICO, the only really, really accurate one for a mortgage is the EQ FICO sold here. TU FICO is worth less and all the FAKOs worth much less than that.

The idea of which FAKO is close will just be a waste of time because even if it is close now, it may change at different speeds and in different direction as you clean up your report.

Now you know why a Vantage Score is used by almost no lenders and consumer FAKOs are used by none.

Message 7 of 16
SquirrelParty
Established Member

Well I just got my EQ FICO score and it is....................... 662

not too bad, considering.  According to their little meter, 662 is "good"!

So, for me, the Credit Sesame and Quizzle estimates were closest.

Message 8 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@SquirrelParty wrote:

Well I just got my EQ FICO score and it is....................... 662

not too bad, considering.  According to their little meter, 662 is "good"!

So, for me, the Credit Sesame and Quizzle estimates were closest.

Not bad !  Thanks for sharing ~ now just start working on those late payments and hopefully you can get back into the 700s !

Message 9 of 16
GregB
Valued Contributor

EQ FICO of 662 with 8 90-day lates?

That sound too good. Are they all really old?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.