Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit denied...account info not reported

tag
KatieJ
New Visitor

Credit denied...account info not reported

I recently applied for a loan that was denied and I have a good FICO.I began to look into why and have found that my mortgage company only reports to Transunion. The loan was denied through Equifax.  Will having mortgage reported to Equifax get me approved?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit denied...account info not reported

@KatieJ wrote:

I recently applied for a loan that was denied and I have a good FICO.I began to look into why and have found that my mortgage company only reports to Transunion. The loan was denied through Equifax.  Will having mortgage reported to Equifax get me approved?

Welcome to the forums.

Not every creditor reports to every CRA. You can contact your mortgage company and ask them to report to EQ but they are not required to.

No one can say whether having your mortgage report to EQ will make any difference in a credit decision. Those decisions are made after looking at your entire credit profile and not just a FICO score.

May I ask what your FICO score is and where you got it? Was it from the lender?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
KatieJ
New Visitor

I got my score from TransUnion...its 727

Message 3 of 5
KatieJ
New Visitor

No it was not from the lender

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@KatieJ wrote:

I got my score from TransUnion...its 727

If you got that from the TU website that is not a FICO score unfortunately.

TU sells what is called a VantageScore. Not only is it based on different scoring formulas that FICO's but the score ranges are different. For example VS ranges from 501-990 whereas FICO ranges from 300-850. The 2 scores cannot be compared in any fashion.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it.

So it sounds like right now you don't know what your actual FICO score is.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.