Established Contributor

Re: Credit improves as Installments fall

I wish I had your luck. CC companies don't seem to be a problem if you dispute something, but student loans (with ACS and AES, not Sallie Mae) seem to be the most hard-ass companies. And ironic too because my records with them are the best records on my entire credit history.

Me: "Can you remove a late payment that is 5 years old?"

Student loan: "STFU, NOOB"
Frequent Contributor

i think u may have a better chance if its paid off
Frequent Contributor

no they dont hav a negative affect
Moderator Emeritus

rifleman wrote:
I wish I had your luck. CC companies don't seem to be a problem if you dispute something, but student loans (with ACS and AES, not Sallie Mae) seem to be the most hard-ass companies. And ironic too because my records with them are the best records on my entire credit history.

Me: "Can you remove a late payment that is 5 years old?"

Student loan: "STFU, NOOB"

Your right on about this.  Friends of mine have gone through hell like many here.  Never heard of GW working on an SL, your just stuck.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Established Contributor

that's a good point about having a chance if the loan is paid off--I did pay one off last month and I'm thinking I might try GW with that one
Valued Member

wrote a gw letter directly to the CEO, and a VP of something called me and stated they are working on my case so well see how it turns out,,,,im guessing a no
New Contributor

I've tried GW letter with Nelnet and Direct Loan Servicing and get decline letter from both.  Said cannot remove or change accurate information.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 580
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor

It's strange. Why would student loans give people such a hard time? You'd think credit cards would.

Ever try to call them an ask them to lower your interest rate?
Valued Member

SL are the absolute worst!!! everytime I look at my CR i wanna pull my hair out because your right your stuck with SL's.  That is the one thing that is killing my score and there nothing I can do about it.  Still havent got a call back from that person from Sallie Mae, maybe ill be the first in history to check my CR and *POOF* theyll be gone!!!! hahaha in my dreams!!!
Moderator Emeritus

You are stuck with them if they are valid. The Higher Education Act requires that all student loans report for the full seven years.

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.