Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit improves as Installments fall

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit improves as Installments fall

You can always dilute the effects of it though.  My Sallie Mae report is showing 2 90 days past due. I've diluted it with 12 other installment accounts.  All have been paid I might add.  By the way, since I'm here....got a credit watch alert today.  Score went up to 728!  I'm starting to have a hunch that maybe the FICO formula has a build in delay. Only a hunch though.  Sometimes I do good things like pay down debt with no immediate effect to my score when it's posted at the CRA.  A couple of weeks after it's posted, bam my score changes. 
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is pretty lame.

motoracer wrote:
I know ive got 1 freaking late this year it was with Harley Davidson I was in Iraq for 2 months, Im single so I had no one to make the payment for me. I sent a GW letter to HD and it was a big no!! dand it!!

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

crocpa wrote:
You can always dilute the effects of it though.  My Sallie Mae report is showing 2 90 days past due. I've diluted it with 12 other installment accounts.  All have been paid I might add.  By the way, since I'm here....got a credit watch alert today.  Score went up to 728!  I'm starting to have a hunch that maybe the FICO formula has a build in delay. Only a hunch though.  Sometimes I do good things like pay down debt with no immediate effect to my score when it's posted at the CRA.  A couple of weeks after it's posted, bam my score changes. 

I just realized why my score jumped from 716 to 728.  My Chase CC $15K BT to another CC posted on EQ.  Has anyone tried using BT's to increasing their score?
Message 23 of 25
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

motoracer wrote:
I know ive got 1 freaking late this year it was with Harley Davidson I was in Iraq for 2 months, Im single so I had no one to make the payment for me. I sent a GW letter to HD and it was a big no!! dand it!!

Are you in the military?

You might want to dispute with the credit bureaus as "never late- was on active duty militay deployed in iraq and covered by soldiers and sailors relief act".

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-28-2007 11:00 PM
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try disputing the late student loan payments with "change of address--statements not received" I have more luck with this statement then anything else. Mostly because it is true.

It seems the concensous is that you aren't going to be able to GW your way out of student loan troubles--gotta approach it another way. One student loan company did grant me a little help--they removed two 30 day late payments, but not all of them.

At least it's a start
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.