Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma score dropped 54 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit karma score dropped 54 points

My score dropped on transunion by 54 points because of a fraudrual collection report. I disputed it but I was wondering if it Wil affect my fico scores that much because I don't have any open collection accounts cause I paid them all off. Even got some of them removed. All 3 of my score are 624 624 and 633. I hope it don't hurt them to bad until I can get it off my report. Anyone has any knowledge please let me know
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit karma score dropped 54 points

@Anonymous wrote:
My score dropped on transunion by 54 points because of a fraudrual collection report. I disputed it but I was wondering if it Wil affect my fico scores that much because I don't have any open collection accounts cause I paid them all off. Even got some of them removed. All 3 of my score are 624 624 and 633. I hope it don't hurt them to bad until I can get it off my report. Anyone has any knowledge please let me know

Any collection on file will affect Fico in some way though if you have multis paid or not the point loss/gain will be much smaller. If the collection is fraudulent then I would use the features of the FCRA afforded you on ID Theft to have the collection excluded should the dispute fail.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit karma score dropped 54 points

I did the simulator and it didn't budget because it's under 100 dollars. But still I am upset because I worked hard to pay off all of my collections. They never contacted me or anything.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.