Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma update

tag
Hopingfor700s
Valued Member

Credit karma update

I have waited all week to see my update and it says it updated Transunion but Transunion sent me a letter saying several things were deleted, but yet today they are still on credit karma?!?!?! I would think snail mail would not have beaten a Transunion update.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit karma update

For what I understand CK gets info from the credit bureau's monthly. I paid off 2 credits cards in full last month and it is still not showing on CK, my due dates are around the 18th for this month and the report usally comes in on the 29th day.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes, the info on CK isn't correct and iffy at best.  To verify items have been deleted, pull your report directly from TU.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK has always been quite quick IMO to have updated information whether it be baddie deletions, updated balances, etc.

Message 4 of 7
MissImMe
Valued Member

CK updates every so often. Underneath your score, check the date. My last collection was on TU and it notified me on there that one collection left about 2 days after my early exclusion request. On the MYFICO alert I just got a point increase without out the real reason. Hang in there. It's coming.

Finally hit the 800 club. I don’t see any other credit cards that I want. Guess I’ll garden.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use wallethub for TU.  They give you daily updates, though they seem to be a day behind.  It's the same score (vantage) as CK but if you're looking for free ways to keep tabs on it, go to wallethub.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit karma updates reports every 7 days, so if TU sent their report today, but CK had updated their report yesterday, it would take another 6 days  for CK to reflect the new information in the TU report, but the snail would likely get to you in 3 days.

IMO differrent timing cycles explains a lot of confustion about what is happening with credit reports and scores.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.