cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit karma updating faster then score watch?

tag
Juan123
Established Contributor

Credit karma updating faster then score watch?

In my recent experience TU has been by far the slowest agency to update any reports. In the last 3 days. credit karma has shown 4 of my credit cards reporting lower balances but i've received no alerts from myfico score watch......

so that most likely means EQ hasn't reported anything new.... So..... my question is, do i have my alerts set incorrectly or is it just that EQ isn't showing anything new? I havent received a new alert since Feb 10th.

I'm also aware it doesn't report balance decreases, but i'm sure it reports score changes... and my score has had to change since my UTIL dropped atleast 10%

(sorry if i posted in the wrong section, not sure where this belonged)

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit karma updating faster then score watch?

These balances are being paid down, right? If so, know that SW doesn't alert to dropped balances, only increased ones. as you mentioned. Now your EQ FICO is monitored for changes as set around your target score. The monitoring of your EQ happens every week or so provided nothing else changes in the interim that could cause a score change, like an added account or increased balances. And as always, set your target to exactly match your EQ FICO. Score alerts are based off the target score and only come if your new score changes away from or surpases your set target. In other words, if you set your target to 800, you won't get a score alert until your score hits 800, assuming there are no credit alerts like additions to your CR.

ETA...BTW, dropped util doesn't always equate to a changed FICO. For example, going from 60% to 50% likely won't result in a change (though it could for some). Or those who lack util as a negative reason code within their report won't see much, if any, change at all as util drops.

Message 2 of 3
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: Credit karma updating faster then score watch?

alright ill change my target... i had it at 10 points higher then my current score... hopefully that'll help.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.