Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit monitoring

Does the USAA product provide a side by side comparison of the old report vs the refresehed report like the TU product does?  I like being able to see the exact change highlighted. 

Message 21 of 42
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@anh2lua wrote:

go to that link and scroll down to where it said, "CreditCheck Monitoring Premium".  Scroll further down and click on "Sign Up Today" to join

What about eligibility and cost of the membership itself?

Message 22 of 42
anh2lua
New Contributor

12.95/month

That page has all the information you need to know.

FICO scores Experian: 693; Equifax: 656; TransUnion: 707

Goal: 700+ on at least two reports
Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@anh2lua wrote:

12.95/month

That page has all the information you need to know.

12.95/month is fine but what about eligibility?

Message 24 of 42
anh2lua
New Contributor

I am sorry, I think I am lost. What do you mean elligibility? You pay to monitor your reports/scores. Anyone who "paid" will be elligible, I guess.

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@anh2lua wrote:
I am sorry, I think I am lost. What do you mean elligibility? You pay to monitor your reports/scores. Anyone who "paid" will be elligible, I guess.

Thanks..

Nevermore.. USAA is open to everyone with few restrictions.

Message 26 of 42
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@anh2lua wrote:

go to that link and scroll down to where it said, "CreditCheck Monitoring Premium".  Scroll further down and click on "Sign Up Today" to join

Doing that brings you to "Don't have an Online ID? Register for usaa.com", but when you try to create an online ID, then "Help us verify your USAA membership by entering your USAA number or Social Security number." I'm stuck. Smiley Surprised

Message 27 of 42
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@anh2lua wrote:

Doing that brings you to "Don't have an Online ID? Register for usaa.com", but when you try to create an online ID, then "Help us verify your USAA membership by entering your USAA number or Social Security number." I'm stuck. Smiley Surprised

Call customer service if you're having trouble signing up on the website.

Message 28 of 42
anh2lua
New Contributor

seriously, I have no idea how they (USAA/creditmonitoring) calculate the scores.  I paid off the balances on my credit cards and for some reason my equifax score dropped over 40 points today after they updated the balance to zero.  No other changes beside the balance changes from $4000 to zero.

I think I'll join Equifax Advantage for $15/month.  They provide all 3 scores and 3 reports.  Unlimitted access/update to equifax report and score.

Message 29 of 42
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@anh2lua wrote:

seriously, I have no idea how they (USAA/creditmonitoring) calculate the scores.  I paid off the balances on my credit cards and for some reason my equifax score dropped over 40 points today after they updated the balance to zero.  No other changes beside the balance changes from $4000 to zero.

I think I'll join Equifax Advantage for $15/month.  They provide all 3 scores and 3 reports.  Unlimitted access/update to equifax report and score.

Just be aware that those scores are not FICO scores. This product uses the "Equifax Credit Score" and is not used by lenders. This comes from the EQ website: The Equifax Credit Score™ is a proprietary credit model developed by Equifax.  It may be calculated using the information in your Equifax, Experian and TransUnion credit files. This score is intended for your own educational use

But the reports should be accurate.

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.