Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit optics score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit optics score?

So when I applied for my first CC(Bank of America Cash Rewards CC) I didn't qualify, but then I did qualify for a secured one so I got that. Then my bank sent me a letter of the denial and said that they used Experian, and SageStream LLC, and that my credit score (Credit Optics score) is 537 from them SageStream LLC, but they didn't give me the score for Experian, and said to contact them for a credit report.

Well like back in Oct or Nov 2015, I tried doing  the anual free credit report from Experian, I sent my request and they sent me a letter saying they need a copy of something, can't remember right now. Anyway I called them and after talking to the customer rep, he said he saw my request, but that my file had no other info, just the request, and asked me a few more questions, and then he told me that it looked like there wouldn't be anything, if I have never had a credit card or loan or anything like that.

So I am wondering if I should try again with Experian, or would the Experian score be around the same as the one from the other company they got?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit optics score?

Sounds like you don't have an active credit profile.  I'll let others chime in but I'd recommend getting added as an authorized user on a relative's account to help kick out a score.  You also might want to try and apply for a secured credit card through a local CU or Bank.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I see!

Well I did get approved for the Bank of America Cash Rewards partially secured 99 deposit, 500 limit CC, and have just got it in. 

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I am wondering if I should try again with Experian, or would the Experian score be around the same as the one from the other company they got? 

No idea.  You cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by another model.  From what you've said it sounds like you don't have any recently active accounts on your Experian report.  If that's the case then you probably won't have an Experian FICO until you have 6 months of recent activity.

@Anonymous wrote:

and have just got it in.  

It's not about getting in.  It's about what your credit profile and income qualify for at time of consideration.  An approval doesn't guarantee future approvals.

Make sure you're regularly reviewing reports with all 3 of the major CRA's.  At the very least use the Annual Credit Report site.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.