cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report is updated. How long until myFICO score updates?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report is updated. How long until myFICO score updates?

I just ran my credit report and the huge reduction in my credit card balance is showing.  How long will it take for myFICO score to update my scores?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit report is updated. How long until myFICO score updates?

I'd give it up to 48 hours for alerts to generate. If you were to pull your 3B report right now, you'd see the changes. But since you know the changes have occurred, it probably isn't worth the money to pull an extra report.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if balance change is an event that will trigger a Myfico alert, if not, you'll have to wait for the next scheduled update or the next alert triggering event, whichever comes first.
Message 3 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Balance changes trigger alerts. I see it all the time. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

To offer up a tangible example, I had a card report an updated balance this week. Yesterday, I received two myFICO alerts telling me that the balance had updated on EX and TU. Today, I'll be eligible for a new 3B report, but as of this time I have no alert telling me that EQ has been updated. I know that the new balance will be on the 3B report, though, because I saw the EQ update on Credit Karma yesterday.

This has happened in the past because this card reports to the bureaus so close to the date I can grab my 3B report. The updated info will appear on my 3B, and and the alert for the balance change will fly in a day or so later. Recently, it was the EX alert that lagged, but I knew that bureau had been updated by checking freecreditscore.com.

The bottom line is that if you know a credit report has been updated, don't worry about myFICO. It'll catch up soon enough. If I can't see the update on another monitoring service, I'll delay pulling my 3B until I know it's going to be up to date.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.