Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score discrepancy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score discrepancy

This is a question regarding the 30+ points in the credit scores we pull and what the companies actually pull we are trying to go thru to obtain credit.  We had a short sale in Jan. 2013 but we weren't diliquient on our payments so we were told we could apply for credit after two years and have actually bought a new home in 2012.  

Our credit score for equifax is 674 on my fico.com (on credit sense that uses a diff scale it's 670), we were applying for a pool loan and were told they use equifax and our score is 634!!!  We know we need it above 660, but this 40 points is a huge difference.  Can someone explain why all models that banks, loan dept. use are so different and so much lower then what we see????

We are paying of our debt ratio and we are paying off some credit cards we are trying to do it all but what can you do, if anything to raise your credit score faster.  I guess our score would have to show in the mid 700's to be considered, is this the normal???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score discrepancy

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a question regarding the 30+ points in the credit scores we pull and what the companies actually pull we are trying to go thru to obtain credit.  We had a short sale in Jan. 2013 but we weren't diliquient on our payments so we were told we could apply for credit after two years and have actually bought a new home in 2012.  

Our credit score for equifax is 674 on my fico.com (on credit sense that uses a diff scale it's 670), we were applying for a pool loan and were told they use equifax and our score is 634!!!  We know we need it above 660, but this 40 points is a huge difference.  Can someone explain why all models that banks, loan dept. use are so different and so much lower then what we see????

We are paying of our debt ratio and we are paying off some credit cards we are trying to do it all but what can you do, if anything to raise your credit score faster.  I guess our score would have to show in the mid 700's to be considered, is this the normal???

Sorry that you are experiencing difficulties as I know it's frustrating.  If you obtained your Equifax score from MyFico that is your FICO 08 score.  Unfortunately there are other models of FICO that the pool company could have used.  For example, if they pulled what mortgage companies obtain, that would be your FICO 04 score and that very well could have a 40 point difference..  Without knowing what your your overall debt to income is lowering it can dramatically increase your scores. It's difficult to say what other things you might do without seeing your whole credit file.  Removing any 'baddies' can also significantly raise your score.

in the link below is an explanation about the many different versions of FICO scores:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-versions-and-variations/td-p/1197617

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.