Reply
Member
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎05-21-2007
0

Credit score for leasing a vehicle?

Just wondering where you need to be score wise before considering leasing a vehicle. 
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: Credit score for leasing a vehicle?

Talk to the dealer.... score is not everything.
Member
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎05-21-2007
0

Re: Credit score for leasing a vehicle?

Thanks.  I have no idea what goes into the credit approval, which is why I asked.  Is it similar to buying a car?
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: Credit score for leasing a vehicle?

Leasing generally requires better credit. What are you scores?
Member
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎05-21-2007
0

Re: Credit score for leasing a vehicle?

Right now my EQ is 627 but the other two are about 20-30 pts lower last time I checked.  When one goes up do all of them?
New Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-21-2007
0

Re: Credit score for leasing a vehicle?

If you can, use a company name for the lease, you still personally guarentee it, but it doent show against your personal report.
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: Credit score for leasing a vehicle?



onthemend wrote:
Right now my EQ is 627 but the other two are about 20-30 pts lower last time I checked.  When one goes up do all of them?



I am guessing your scores a too low for a lease. But check with the dealer. Plus, thats not your actual score for auto financing.. see the auto financing thread.
 
PS.. Just because one score goes up does not mean the other two will. :smileyhappy:
Valued Member
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎05-07-2007
0

Re: Credit score for leasing a vehicle?

[ Edited ]
To Tuscani, that's surprising.....isn't leasing less of a financial liability? You only pay for depreciation of the car and if you wanna bail out early, pay some penalty.


Message Edited by overdrive on 05-22-2007 09:38 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
0

Re: Credit score for leasing a vehicle?



overdrive wrote:
To Tuscani, that's surprising.....isn't leasing less of a financial liability? You only pay for depreciation of the car and if you wanna bail out early, pay some penalty.


Message Edited by overdrive on 05-22-2007 09:38 AM


Most dealer finance people will tell you leasing requires better credit. I think it comes down to higher scores = more responsible = they will get the car back in better shape.... they have no worries if you buy opposed to leasing as they will probably never see the car again. 
Valued Member
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎05-07-2007
0

Re: Credit score for leasing a vehicle?



Tuscani wrote:


overdrive wrote:
To Tuscani, that's surprising.....isn't leasing less of a financial liability? You only pay for depreciation of the car and if you wanna bail out early, pay some penalty.


Message Edited by overdrive on 05-22-2007 09:38 AM


Most dealer finance people will tell you leasing requires better credit. I think it comes down to higher scores = more responsible = they will get the car back in better shape.... they have no worries if you buy opposed to leasing as they will probably never see the car again. 


They outta chk the driving history rather than credit history for that

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.