Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score of 497 Help !!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score of 497 Help !!!!!

First of all let me say that you guys are a blessing with all of the advice that people receive. Any way my problem is that i pulled my reports and the average score was 497, I  looked it over and noticed student loans are listed 4 or 5 times with different account numbers and about 5 or 6 collections most recent just over a year old. Before i just couldn't pay my bills with a student income of less that 20k a year last year and this year I'm on track to make 100k. Now that i have money, i still can't finance anything because of my score ex.. a mortage. What's the best way to tackle my problem just pay off everybody or try to get a PFD letter from everyone or what. Also my student loan being listed so many times isn't that killing my score also i just started to pay them back this month shame on me. Any info you guys can give me would be a blessing I'm trying to get a 700 or higher score so i can buy a house.Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score of 497 Help !!!!!

not an expert but SL seem to be one of the easiest to work with.  Call them and ask about deferrment or forbearance options to remove those lates...

nothing is impossible, just set good habits and develop a plan to get out of debt as fast as possible.

cash is king...   pay yourself first.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I can say is I was at 480 in November all in the 600's with TU being 643 now. Should all be in the 650's by the end of Aug.

PFD the collections. if they refuse go to the OC if they refuse put them on the bottom of the pile and hit the next one.

Get those SL's current and keep them current, don't make the mistake of paying them without getting them out of default first.

Get your revolving down under 5%.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
All I can say is I was at 480 in November all in the 600's with TU being 643 now. Should all be in the 650's by the end of Aug.

You are awesome!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.