Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score

Hi guys, so I ordered myFICO Equifax score and it was at 627. After finding out my updated current score I started to pay off all my credit card balances. See below for what it is

Amex blue day - $1086.00 balance paid - Now $0.00

Discover - $2062.00 balance paid - Now $0.00

Citi bank platinum - $4026.00 balance paid - Now 0.00

All those credit card balances have been updated with Equifax and now it's showing me I have a credit score of 693 now after those reported being paid off.

There is one more credit balance of $997.00 that's been paid off but still hasn't been reported yet. My question is with that being updated with Equifax soon, will it bump my credit score past 693? I'm looking to be above 700 to get a second auto loan with PenFed, the first one just got paid off after having it only for 8 months because my car got totaled and insurance just paid it off. I'm hoping to get another loan from them and a personal loan as well this time.

I have a Macy's store card balance with 173, Barclays 0 balance with a 3500 cl. Capital one quick silver 0 balance with a 1500 cl, captial one platinum with a 0 balance and 500 cl.

My Aaoa say 10 months but my first Credit card was taken out 2 years ago don't understand why but I'm okay with that. Please give me some tips on how I can get it past 700 and higher and if it's possible once the Citi balance of 997 shows reported paid off will that bump it from 693 to 700 or over.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys, so I ordered myFICO Equifax score and it was at 627. After finding out my updated current score I started to pay off all my credit card balances. See below for what it is

All those credit card balances have been updated with Equifax and now it's showing me I have a credit score of 693 now after those reported being paid off.

There is one more credit balance of $997.00 that's been paid off but still hasn't been reported yet. My question is with that being updated with Equifax soon, will it bump my credit score past 693? I'm looking to be above 700 to get a second auto loan with PenFed, the first one just got paid off after having it only for 8 months because my car got totaled and insurance just paid it off. I'm hoping to get another loan from them and a personal loan as well this time.

I have a Macy's store card balance with 173, Barclays 0 balance with a 3500 cl. Capital one quick silver 0 balance with a 1500 cl, captial one platinum with a 0 balance and 500 cl.

My Aaoa say 10 months but my first Credit card was taken out 2 years ago don't understand why but I'm okay with that. Please give me some tips on how I can get it past 700 and higher and if it's possible once the Citi balance of 997 shows reported paid off will that bump it from 693 to 700 or over.

If the utilization on that last balance was above 80% I would think so, yes.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card limit was 1000 and I paid of 997 so yea almost at 100% utilization. When you say utilization over 80%, do you mean of that specific credit card or 80% of all my credit cards?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also if I start to take out a credit line increase on each card and get that reported, will that boost my credit score a lot or no?
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

AAoA is the average age of accounts.

If you have one card that is 12 months old, and one that is 24 months old, your AAoA will be 18 months.

(12 mos + 24 mos) / 2 cards = 18 mos

So, add up the age of each of your cards in months, then divide by the number of cards to get the AAoA. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1. Congratulations.

2. To optimize your credit card utilization, have all but one of the cards report a zero balance, and the other card report a sub-10% balance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so would the 997 balance being paid off then reported push my credit score from 693 to 700 or greater?
Message 7 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

There's no way to predict what your score will be. However, you should see a decent boost from paying off a maxed out card.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to sound annoying but when you say a decent boost do you mean like 5 points, 10 points?
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry to sound annoying but when you say a decent boost do you mean like 5 points, 10 points?

It really is impossible to tell for sure how much your score(s) will go up once the $0 balance reports but it is possible it could even be higher.  Scores are hit hard when you max out a card.  There's just too many factors involved in a score, some of which no one knows but those who developed the scoring algorithms, to know for sure.  Additionally you may not be aware but there are a lot of FICO scores besides just the regular FICO 08 score that people generally talk about.  There are FICO 98, FICO 04, 08 and now 09 versions of which each has different models for the main score, bankcard enhanced used by some CC companies and auto and mortgage versions.  All of these are affected differently by balance changes so while one score may make a big jump, others may not.  The below link discusses the different versions:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-versions-and-variations/td-p/1197617

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.