Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit scores/monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit scores/monitoring

I was wondering about credit scores and credit monitoring offered by CC companies. Are they worth looking into as far as scores go? I have been a myfico user for almost 3 years now and have gone from mid 500's to now high 600's almost to the 700 club! But I'm curious about more numbers from other sources. So please chime in everyone with your opinos, experiences, suggestions. I'm all ears! 

Peace  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: Credit scores/monitoring

Credit card companies get you the credit bureau score, not the actual fico score. There are only two places that you are able to get the fico score, which is the one you want. Either on this website at myfico or when a lender actually pulls a report. Those are the only two places.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit scores/monitoring

Fortunately, having no fraud or identity theft issues lingering, I feel comfortable in just pulling my free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com, one with each CRA, staggered every four months.  I dont feel the need to get my actual score on a regular basis, as if no CR changes are detected, I pretty much know what my score would be.

Of course, everyone has different needs, and some want to see their score on a regular basis. I certainly would not be interested in paying for an almost-worthless non-FICO score.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.