Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit scores

Common things reporting on credit reports --all pretty much match--what is possible the big reason fro big difference between scores--my lowest and highest score has like almost 70 points between them--cant seen to figure it out????  (the only difference I see is the inquires but its hard for me to believe they make that much of an impact for the difference)  The lowest score even has 2 accounts that posted one still reporting that are positive that the other 2 dont have --WEIRD??????? (Line of credit with Credit union) and a old loan which is PIF

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit scores

That is a big gap, but each CRA has a tweaked formula that reflects what they like. EQ stomps you badly for lates, for instance. And I'm finding out to my sorrow that EX disapproves of new credit much more than the other two. Even with completely identical reports, it is very, very, VERY rare to get exactly the same scores.

Have you compared the positive and negative factors for all three on screen 2 of your myFICO reports? (Remember that EX will only give you negatives.) Do they seem to be carping about different things? And on the score simulator, is the best action scenario the same for both EQ and TU?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.