Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal 50% Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCheckTotal 50% Offer

I learned from these forums that if you call in to cancel your CCT membership they will offer you 50% for 12 months. Well, I called in today to cancel my membership and got the offer and I accepted it. After accepting the offer it said "You can now enjoy CreditCheckTotal at 50% off for 5 years". I called back to talk to a customer service rep and he confirmed that my account is setup for 50% off for 5 years.

So for anyone who is looking to take advantage of CCT, I thought I would pass this along. That's a heck of a discount and I'm sure other people would enjoy taking advantage of it too.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditCheckTotal 50% Offer

@Anonymous wrote:

I learned from these forums that if you call in to cancel your CCT membership they will offer you 50% for 12 months. Well, I called in today to cancel my membership and got the offer and I accepted it. After accepting the offer it said "You can now enjoy CreditCheckTotal at 50% off for 5 years". I called back to talk to a customer service rep and he confirmed that my account is setup for 50% off for 5 years.

So for anyone who is looking to take advantage of CCT, I thought I would pass this along. That's a heck of a discount and I'm sure other people would enjoy taking advantage of it too.

Yeah I really enjoy CCT and did the very same thing a while back.  I got the same deal as what you have.  You can't beat it for the price ;-)

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally recommend the $2/mo plan with CCT... which is basically two $1 trials 2 weeks apart.  This way you get your scores/reports 4X/mo, or essentially once a week for $2/mo.

That, IMO, is a deal that can't be beat.

Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the $2 option, do we have to ask for it or is it automatically offered? This is a great deal and I will be calling them shortly

Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's just trial memberships.  They are $1.  You start a trial, cancel it 7 days later.  7 days after that you start another trial, cancel it 7 days later.  2 trials per month, say on the 1st and 15th of every month and you'd cancel on the 8th and 22nd of every month (for example). 

This technique only costs you $2/mo and you'll get your 3B scores and 3B reports 4X per month.  You also aren't locked into any contract and can opt to not start a new trial any time you want.  I'd also like to add that the cancellations can be done via their automated system or email, so there's never a need to speak to a human being (that you can barely understand, BTW).

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im currently subscribed, I will try and call them now and see if they can offer me the 50% off, if not, I will do that, its a great idea but I love to monitor daily though

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear you.  Daily monitoring to me is overkill.  It's like someone that is trying to lose weight weighing themselves every day rather than once a week.  That's how I see it anyway.  I do use wallethub which gives daily TU updates.  I don't sign in every day unless I'm expecting a change, but that tool is available to supplement the CCT trials.  Of course you can get weekly updates via CK as well.  For me, all of that is plenty.

Message 7 of 32
oogy
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's just trial memberships.  They are $1.  You start a trial, cancel it 7 days later.  7 days after that you start another trial, cancel it 7 days later.  2 trials per month, say on the 1st and 15th of every month and you'd cancel on the 8th and 22nd of every month (for example). 

This technique only costs you $2/mo and you'll get your 3B scores and 3B reports 4X per month.  You also aren't locked into any contract and can opt to not start a new trial any time you want.  I'd also like to add that the cancellations can be done via their automated system or email, so there's never a need to speak to a human being (that you can barely understand, BTW).

So you're able to get your reports and scores at the beginning and end of each 7 day trial?  Looking at their homepage, I'm unclear on how frequently you can actually pull a fresh report...

I did see this though at the bottom of the page:

**Monitoring with Experian begins within 48 hours of enrollment in your trial. Monitoring with Equifax and TransUnion takes approximately 4 days to begin, though in some cases cannot be initiated during your trial period. You may cancel your trial membership any time within 9 days of enrollment without charge.

So the 7 day trial seems to have a 2 day grace period.

Starting over from scratch again February 28, 2023.
I have not used a single credit account since circumstances decimated my credit in '19&'20 and now have no open accounts on my report.
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT has gotten to where they offer me the trial ASAP after i cancel with another trial membership. I sign up for the $1 trial. Cancel after 9-10 days before being billed. Sign in the next day and i get the same trial offer again. Im sure this varies with each customer. But it's been this way for me for the past couple months.

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oogy wrote:

So you're able to get your reports and scores at the beginning and end of each 7 day trial?  Looking at their homepage, I'm unclear on how frequently you can actually pull a fresh report...

Correct.  You get two 3B pulls (and scores) with one trial.  The first is obviously the day you sign up and pay the dollar, the second can be anywhere from Day 8 to Day 10.  You can cancel your trial any time from Day 1 to Day 8 (perhaps 2 grace days as you stated, although I have not tried this) and even after cancelling can pull your 3B report/scores a second time anywhere between Day 8 and Day 10.  If you're looking for weekly pulls, you'd pull the second score on Day 8, but if you're looking for only 3 updates per month I suppose you could pull your scores on the 1st and 11th with your first trial, then take out a second trial on the 21st and use the second pull from that trial the first week of the following month. 

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.