Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal 50% Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditCheckTotal 50% Offer

@Anonymous wrote:

CCT has gotten to where they offer me the trial ASAP after i cancel with another trial membership. I sign up for the $1 trial. Cancel after 9-10 days before being billed. Sign in the next day and i get the same trial offer again. Im sure this varies with each customer. But it's been this way for me for the past couple months.

I've experienced the same thing with them always offering me another trial.  I suppose the hope that eventually someone will cave and sign up for a "real" membership.  Not I, as I think the dual trials per month are the best deal out there.

Two other very useful pieces of information that I will add as benefits of trial memberships that don't get talked about much.  CCT keeps all of your previous pulls archived.  I have like 20 of them going back to April or so and you can click on any of those previous pulls to see what was going on with your credit report at that time.  I find this to be extremely useful.  Second, even after you cancel a trial membership with CCT you can still long into your account forever near as I can tell.  I think the longest I've gone is maybe 2 months without doing a trial, but during those 2 months I logged in plenty of times to the account to access old 3B pulls. 

Message 11 of 32
oogy
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've experienced the same thing with them always offering me another trial.  I suppose the hope that eventually someone will cave and sign up for a "real" membership.  Not I, as I think the dual trials per month are the best deal out there.

Two other very useful pieces of information that I will add as benefits of trial memberships that don't get talked about much.  CCT keeps all of your previous pulls archived.  I have like 20 of them going back to April or so and you can click on any of those previous pulls to see what was going on with your credit report at that time.  I find this to be extremely useful.  Second, even after you cancel a trial membership with CCT you can still long into your account forever near as I can tell.  I think the longest I've gone is maybe 2 months without doing a trial, but during those 2 months I logged in plenty of times to the account to access old 3B pulls. 

Wow... One of my only hesitations with signing up and cancelling was that I figured it would lose historical data (I was planning to overcome that by just downloading PDFs, but to have it archived in the system is great!)...

I'm sold Smiley Tongue

Starting over from scratch again February 28, 2023.
I have not used a single credit account since circumstances decimated my credit in '19&'20 and now have no open accounts on my report.
Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

You really can't go wrong.  And if for some reason you don't like what you get with the trial memberships you can just pull the plug and pursue another avenue.  I'm confident you'll be happy with the product though, especially for the price.

Message 13 of 32
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CCT has gotten to where they offer me the trial ASAP after i cancel with another trial membership. I sign up for the $1 trial. Cancel after 9-10 days before being billed. Sign in the next day and i get the same trial offer again. Im sure this varies with each customer. But it's been this way for me for the past couple months.

It's still just FICO 8 yes?

        
Message 14 of 32
oogy
Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, as far as I can see it's just FICO 8 (great for me right now - that's all I really need).

If I wasn't sold before, I'm definitely sold after seeing a 24 point higher EX Smiley Tongue   Lol... really has little to do with the specific service and just that they pulled fresher data showing a new credit line.  The other two scores are identical between CCT and myFICO

Don't think I'm going to keep myFICO after this first month.  May still use in the future if I ever need to see scores other than FICO 8

I have not used a single credit account since circumstances decimated my credit in '19&'20 and now have no open accounts on my report.
Message 15 of 32
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@oogy wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, as far as I can see it's just FICO 8 (great for me right now - that's all I really need).

If I wasn't sold before, I'm definitely sold after seeing a 24 point higher EX Smiley Tongue   Lol... really has little to do with the specific service and just that they pulled fresher data showing a new credit line.  The other two scores are identical between CCT and myFICO

Don't think I'm going to keep myFICO after this first month.  May still use in the future if I ever need to see scores other than FICO 8

Nod, it's cheaper to spend the $60 when you need it than $30/month or whatever if you aren't worried about the non-FICO 8 Classic scores.

        
Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd also like to add that the cancellations can be done via their automated system or email, so there's never a need to speak to a human being (that you can barely understand, BTW).

Could you elaborate on this?  The biggest barrier to my doing this is the fact that DW has nearly-crippling social anxiety and could not be coaxed onto the phone to cancel something 2x a month, lol  just getting her to call and get the 50% deal was a monumental accomplishment  Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 32
oogy
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd also like to add that the cancellations can be done via their automated system or email, so there's never a need to speak to a human being (that you can barely understand, BTW).

Could you elaborate on this?  The biggest barrier to my doing this is the fact that DW has nearly-crippling social anxiety and could not be coaxed onto the phone to cancel something 2x a month, lol  just getting her to call and get the 50% deal was a monumental accomplishment  Smiley Tongue

I'm the same way... I HATE talking on the phone.  People like me are why free trials exist...

I just signed up today, so can't speak to the actual cancelation experience, but being able to cancel easily will go along way toward helping me stay motivated to use this to track my reports in the coming months.

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called yesterday and requested to cancel the service, they asked why and I explained it was expensive, she offered me 50% off for the next 12 months and I agreed. I think this is a really good service and well worth it.

Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't need to physically speak to anyone to cancel.  You can call up and cancel through their automated system.  I think it's option 3 then option 1 but can't be certain without actually doing it.  If it's an oddball time like the middle of the night and "out of business hours" you can send them an email to their contact email on the site and cancel that way as well.  They will send you a confirmation email either way you use confirming your cancellation.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.