Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal - Can't Sign Up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditCheckTotal - Can't Sign Up

I'm wondering if someone who isn't or hasn't been a member of CreditCheckTotal.com could try signing up for their services, and see if you can get past the Step 1 of 2 in the signup screen.

I just tried to sign up for their service, and after filling out the information and clicking "Submit & Continue" it shows Step 2 of 2 with more information to fill out for a split second and then reverts me to a screen that says my request could not be processed and to call their telephone support.

After speaking with telephone support, and trying three different browsers, she informed me she has no idea what to do. Apparently, they cannot initiate an account over the phone. They don't see me having a past account and cannot figure out why it's being rejected.

Kinda frusterated at this point. If anyone could see whether it works for them just to rule out some sort of server issue I'd appreicate it.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditCheckTotal - Can't Sign Up

Discovered the problem for myself, Adblocker was screwing it up.

Message 2 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Glad you got it figured out.  Computers can be great and dreadful at the same time!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1. Browser add-ons like AdBlock Plus/Latitude and NoScript are a necessity for safe surfing these days, but they can be quite irritating sometimes when you need to do something on a legit site that has a lot of scripts. This is especially true with NoScript when you're on a site that requires you to authorize a LOT of domains before you can get at whatever you need to access, because NoScript doesn't do this automatically, you have to authorize everything manually.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

+1. Browser add-ons like AdBlock Plus/Latitude and NoScript are a necessity for safe surfing these days, but they can be quite irritating sometimes when you need to do something on a legit site that has a lot of scripts. This is especially true with NoScript when you're on a site that requires you to authorize a LOT of domains before you can get at whatever you need to access, because NoScript doesn't do this automatically, you have to authorize everything manually.

Yea I'll be honest, the only browser I use NoScript in is Firefox and only when I'm visiting a site that seems likely to contain malicious software (e.g. Torrent sites). Otherwise, I run uBlock Origin which is one of the better Adblockers. It usually doesn't affect most websites, but Mint.com and CreditCheckTotal.com are two sites I can think of that have been affected by it in the past. Other than that, I much prefer them to Adblock Plus and the likes which used to be good, but have slowly been showing their age in terms of filtering lists and features.

Highly recommend giving uBlock Origin a go if you haven't tried it. It's very feature heavy, open source, and offers a ton of filtering lists for different needs.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea I'll be honest, the only browser I use NoScript in is Firefox and only when I'm visiting a site that seems likely to contain malicious software (e.g. Torrent sites). Otherwise, I run uBlock Origin which is one of the better Adblockers. It usually doesn't affect most websites, but Mint.com and CreditCheckTotal.com are two sites I can think of that have been affected by it in the past. Other than that, I much prefer them to Adblock Plus and the likes which used to be good, but have slowly been showing their age in terms of filtering lists and features.

Highly recommend giving uBlock Origin a go if you haven't tried it. It's very feature heavy, open source, and offers a ton of filtering lists for different needs.

I'll do that. Does it work with Pale Moon (the browser I use at home by preference; it's based on the Mozilla engine and is designed to look and act like classic Firefox by people who didn't like the bells-and-whistles direction Firefox was going in)?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.