Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: CreditCheckTotal

I like what I am seeing with CreditCheck Total so far.  For $15/month, in my opinion it seems to be a very reasonable deal for daily Ex score and report updates, with EQ and TU being three times a month. I am trying to get in the habit of doing the three updates on roughly the 1st, 10th and 20th of each month, give or take a day or two.  

I am still trying to figure out a couple of things in regard to CCT, such as whether or not unused updates carry over the following month.  

I am a BIG fan of MyFICO, however it seems like this may put a bit of pressure on MyFICO to provide more than one 3B report a year.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 41 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!  Will definitely try it out!  Much cheaper than what I do now!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 42 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info!  Will definitely try it out!  Much cheaper than what I do now!  Smiley Very Happy

Remember the cancel trick for the $14.97 price. Can't beat it. However, I have to admit, when myFICO cancelled out the other day, I did miss it so tossed it back in for another month and used one of my SD cards I hadn't used for a few months. It will at least show some activity on the card (Barclay Ring). I really do hope myFICO gets more competitive.

Message 43 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just cancelled experian and they told me about CCT. I'm going to give it a shot when I get home later. I was going to sign up for myfico 3B but this is looking like a better deal.
Message 44 of 1,049
nate79416
Regular Contributor

Is my myfico the only site who provies the mortgage scores?

Thanks

Message 45 of 1,049
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@nate79416 wrote:

Is my myfico the only site who provies the mortgage scores?

Thanks

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/FICO-scores-used-for-mortgage-and-where-to-obtain-the...

        
Message 46 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT does allow daily check-ins however I can see my fico score went up 12 points but if I want to see all of the scores I have to pay 39.95 even though I just paid my monthly 29.95
Message 47 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I just got hit with the gotcha!!!

I'm not saying its too good to be true, but be careful with your pulls the first month.

Here's my timeline:

Signed up 6/14 for 7 day trial.

Account says you will be charged $29.95 on 6/24

At day 7 (6/21) the site said I could 3B pull again, so I did as I had a some changes report around the 15th.

I called on 6/21 and was retained at the $14.47 rate, the customer service rep said my subscription would start on 6/24.

On 6/23 the 3B pull was available and I again 3B pulled as I had acitivity on the 22nd before my new subscription started.

Thinking my subscription started on the 24 and having activity on 26,27 (one bureau a day behind another) I 3B pulled today knowing I will have no activity until the 15th.

That would give me two more pulls one around the 15th and one month end next month.

And now the site says I can't make 3 pulls again for 23 days.

A call to customer service reveals that any pulls made after the initial pull count towards the 3 3B pulls you get in the first month.

Still a great price for the service, but be aware that any 3B pulls made after the initial 3B pull count towards your 3 3B pulls per month.

Message 48 of 1,049
EW800
Valued Contributor

I just finished a call with a rep that had me pulling my hair out. Smiley Happy Hopefully it is just a case of a new or uninformed rep. I was trying to find out specifically when the clock would reset for 3 pulls to be available each month. She could not answer - just saying "there is no way to know for sure". She gave that identical answer a few times. We had a bit of a communication barrier, so perhaps she was not understanding my question, however I could not get an answer as to when the three pull clock resets, or how we know it has reset. Argh....

I did ask about about the status of any unused pulls. She said that we do lose them, they do not carryover to the following cycle.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 49 of 1,049
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Hey guys sorry if this is a dumb question but when you say the offer $14 for 2 years is that upfront that you have to pay? Or are you still paying month to month but the rate is locked in for 2 years?

Thank you

Message 50 of 1,049
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.