Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: CreditCheckTotal

It is charged monthly.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 51 of 1,049
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:
however I could not get an answer as to when the three pull clock resets, or how we know it has reset. Argh....

It happened to me this morning. I thought I was pulling my first pull of the subscription month.

Any 3B reports you pull after your initial trial count towards your first month, as long as you've been made aware, its not a problem, but the information provided was vague at best. You will know when it resets because the ticker tape to the right will say:
"3-Bureau Credit Report Refresh
 XX days until you can refresh your 3-Bureau Credit Report with Scores at no additional cost."

I'm going to call on Monday to see if I can talk to someone with a little more authority.

Message 53 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

When reordering, it's important to double-check the billing amount is shown as $0. Appears to be a mostly non-issue, but something to be aware of.

As for full 3 bureau report views, one at initial signup. Then 3 more available starting from the end of the trial (7 days after signup; clock resets) to the same day in the following month despite the billing period not yet ended...

The trial is advertised as 7 days, but is in reality 10 days, which is when the paid monthly term begins. However, it appears the clock is based on an initial 7 day trial, not 10 days; not rebill date. So if one signs up on the 3rd of the current month, their monthly cycle for free views will be the 10th of each month afterwards despite the billing date being the 13th.

This could easily lead to confusion, since one would presume the cycle corresponds to rebill date, but for CCT it seems to be rebill date minus 3, and possibly some variant for those who called in during trial to negotiate a discounted rate. It could be something that only affects some members and not others. Can only speak of my personal experiance.

I've been a CCT member since June-3rd, never called in for any discounts (something I'll do, if keeping longterm), and it's been exactly as advertised. Received full reports at signup on the 3rd, then next again on the 10th when it became available again, followed with more on the 18th and 26th; no more available until the 10th; not having to wait for rebill date, which is the 13th for me.

Hope this helps.

Message 54 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When reordering, it's important to double-check the billing amount is shown as $0. Appears to be a mostly non-issue, but something to be aware of.

As for full 3 bureau report views, one at initial signup. Then 3 more available starting from the end of the trial (7 days after signup; clock resets) to the same day in the following month despite the billing period not yet ended...

The trial is advertised as 7 days, but is in reality 10 days, which is when the paid monthly term begins. However, it appears the clock is based on an initial 7 day trial, not 10 days; not rebill date. So if one signs up on the 3rd of the current month, their monthly cycle for free views will be the 10th of each month afterwards despite the billing date being the 13th.

This could easily lead to confusion, since one would presume the cycle corresponds to rebill date, but for CCT it seems to be rebill date minus 3, and possibly some variant for those who called in during trial to negotiate a discounted rate. It could be something that only affects some members and not others. Can only speak of my personal experiance.

I've been a CCT member since June-3rd, never called in for any discounts (something I'll do, if keeping longterm), and it's been exactly as advertised. Received full reports at signup on the 3rd, then next again on the 10th when it became available again, followed with more on the 18th and 26th; no more available until the 10th; not having to wait for rebill date, which is the 13th for me.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for clarifying this. And, you might as well call and cancel because they will give you the $14.97 price.

Message 55 of 1,049
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

Re: CreditCheckTotal (Recent Changes?)

I've been using the CreditCheck Total TRIAL for 6 days now.  I called today to cancel my trial, and was offered the $14.97 per month discounted rate, which most of us agree is a great deal to get multiple FICO 8 scores for all three CRA's.  HOWEVER, the CSR told me that this deal now covers ONLY Experian scores, and does NOT include any scores for Equifax or TransUnion.

I kept pressing her with the point that other people in forums like this have recently been getting this deal with  FICO scores from all three CRAs (daily for EX and 3 X's a month for EQ and TU).  She basically said they did have that "deal" recently, but now the plan only includes EX.

Has anyone else recently encountered this new "interpretation" of this site, or is it a case of a misinformed CSR?  My trial ends on July 4th, so I can try to revisit CCT again while still actively participating in the trial, pending feedback to my question in this Forum.

Thanks!

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 56 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Transmogrifying_Bee wrote:

I've been using the CreditCheck Total TRIAL for 6 days now.  I called today to cancel my trial, and was offered the $14.97 per month discounted rate, which most of us agree is a great deal to get multiple FICO 8 scores for all three CRA's.  HOWEVER, the CSR told me that this deal now covers ONLY Experian scores, and does NOT include any scores for Equifax or TransUnion.

I kept pressing her with the point that other people in forums like this have recently been getting this deal with  FICO scores from all three CRAs (daily for EX and 3 X's a month for EQ and TU).  She basically said they did have that "deal" recently, but now the plan only includes EX.

Has anyone else recently encountered this new "interpretation" of this site, or is it a case of a misinformed CSR?  My trial ends on July 4th, so I can try to revisit CCT again while still actively participating in the trial, pending feedback to my question in this Forum.

Thanks!

I would call back, as I think the person you spoke to is not aware of CCT and the $14.97 applying to 3 credit pulls per month deal.

Message 57 of 1,049
EW800
Valued Contributor

Thanks!

Yikes!  I sure hope that was a misinformed CSR!  That would sure be a major change if it is accurate.  I will admit that I have been wondering how they do this so inexpensively, as I assume they have to pay FICO for all the scores, three times a month.  I wonder if they have to pay TU and Eq for the report pulls as well?   Hopefully the CSR was justing thinking about their Credit Tracker product, which is Ex only.  

I hope we hear additional reports soon that will validate this either way.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 58 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:

Thanks!

Yikes!  I sure hope that was a misinformed CSR!  That would sure be a major change if it is accurate.  I will admit that I have been wondering how they do this so inexpensively, as I assume they have to pay FICO for all the scores, three times a month.  I wonder if they have to pay TU and Eq for the report pulls as well?   Hopefully the CSR was justing thinking about their Credit Tracker product, which is Ex only.  

I hope we hear additional reports soon that will validate this either way.  

Maybe they caught on to us...this is a real bargain and perhaps it was not intended to be for CCT and they recently realized it, and those of us early jumpers got in on the deal.

Message 59 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone else have the same experience or figure out if it's now ONLY an EX report and not the others as well?

I currently do the credit tracker for $9.95/month, but if I can get the other bureaus 3 times a month on top of daily Ex pulls than it would be a no-brainer to switch.

Message 60 of 1,049
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.