nate79416
Regular Contributor

Re: CreditCheckTotal (Recent Changes?)

I was told yesterday it would be 14.97 for ALL 3 reports, not just EX

Message 61 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Check Total

Well, I did the 7 day trial with Credit Check Total, and called today to cancel. I told them price was the reason and they offered a 50% discount good for 24 months. EQ/TU reports pulled and FICO 8 scores updated three times a month, with Experian pulls and score updates daily. Not a bad deal at all for $14.95 a month. I took the deal and cancelled the 3 bureau monitoring from here. They wanted to know why I cancelled and I told them I got a better deal from Experian for three bureaus at $14.95. At first she said "well, you know those are not FICO scores..." and I said "no, they are FICO 8 score and match the scores here exactly, its a new program they just started" She seemed surprised by that. Maybe it will start pushing the prices for monitoring services down to more reasonable levels.

I'll just purchase a report whenever I need to see where my mortgage score are sitting.

Ex FICO is up a point to 593 today, BTW. (tiny little happy dance)

Message 62 of 1,049
growing123
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Check Total

Congrats on the discount!  I had something similiar happen last year.  I use freecreditreport.com from EX and they were charging 19.95 a month I believe.  I called to cancel so i could save money and they offered $5 a month for 60 months!  I thought the guy was joking, I mean 5 years at $5/month?!?! 

Sure enough, that's all I pay each month.  Then they upgraded their site to use FICO scores instead of their Plus Score, even better!! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores - Mid 500s - 10/2013

EX 706 (FICO 9/15) | EQ 710 (FICO 9/15) | TU 716 (FICO 9/15)

Quicksilver $12.8K | Freedom $1.5k | Discover It $11.5k | VS $1.2k | AMEX BCE $10k | Fidelity AMEX $10k | US Cash+ $9k | Citi DC $6.6k
Message 63 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice deal!

I love a good price war....

Message 64 of 1,049
Studio90x
Contributor

I use CCT as well and was able to get the 50% off deal for 24 months.  Smiley Wink

I didn't know if it was as accurate with the MyFICO website as I had not subscribed due to the cost of it.  But now I do. Thanks!

EQ8 - 696 TU8 - 700 EX8 - 683
Message 65 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditCheckTotal (Recent Changes?)

@nate79416 wrote:

I was told yesterday it would be 14.97 for ALL 3 reports, not just EX

Good to hear! I thought that there was just a misinformed rep. 

Message 66 of 1,049
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

Re: CreditCheckTotal (Good News!)

@Transmogrifying_Bee wrote:

I've been using the CreditCheck Total TRIAL for 6 days now.  I called today to cancel my trial, and was offered the $14.97 per month discounted rate, which most of us agree is a great deal to get multiple FICO 8 scores for all three CRA's.  HOWEVER, the CSR told me that this deal now covers ONLY Experian scores, and does NOT include any scores for Equifax or TransUnion.

I kept pressing her with the point that other people in forums like this have recently been getting this deal with  FICO scores from all three CRAs (daily for EX and 3 X's a month for EQ and TU).  She basically said they did have that "deal" recently, but now the plan only includes EX.

Has anyone else recently encountered this new "interpretation" of this site, or is it a case of a misinformed CSR?  My trial ends on July 4th, so I can try to revisit CCT again while still actively participating in the trial, pending feedback to my question in this Forum.

Thanks!

UPDATE:  I called CreditCheck Total (CCT) today, with only a few days left on my 7-day TRIAL membership.  As I was hoping, the CSR I talked with a few days ago was WRONG with the renewal information she had given me, saying the monthly plan ($14.97 discount rate) would include only Experian (not EQ or TU) FICO updates.

I talked with a different CSR today, and have summarized what she told me:

1.  The CCT monthly plan is still available at the discounted price of $14.97 per month for a 2-year deal (billed monthly), although this plan can be cancelled at any time.

2.  The CCT monthly plan includes DAILY FICO 8 Score renewals for not just Experian, but daily renewals for ALL THREE CRA's! 

(Other Forum members have previously been told EQ and TU scores would be updated just 3 times a month, with only EX scores renewed daily.)

*****  IF this CSR is correct, we now have a $14.97/month PLAN that includes DAILY UPDATES for FICO 8 Scores for all 3 credit bureaus (EQ, EX, TU)!

I signed up, of course, and was able to obtain all three FICO scores.  I'll certainly stay alert watching this account and its billing accuracy, on the chance that this information is not entirely correct.  Still, I have a pretty good feeling this will stay a good deal...!

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I finally got a FICO 8 score of 800 (TU).  Getting 800+ credit scores with other methods (VS 3.0 or FICO Bankcard 8 with its 250 - 900 score range) is one thing, but hitting 800 on FICO 8 (300 - 850 range) means a lot more to me, and probably everybody else!

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 67 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using the CreditCheck Total TRIAL for 6 days now.  I called today to cancel my trial, and was offered the $14.97 per month discounted rate, which most of us agree is a great deal to get multiple FICO 8 scores for all three CRA's.  HOWEVER, the CSR told me that this deal now covers ONLY Experian scores, and does NOT include any scores for Equifax or TransUnion.

I kept pressing her with the point that other people in forums like this have recently been getting this deal with  FICO scores from all three CRAs (daily for EX and 3 X's a month for EQ and TU).  She basically said they did have that "deal" recently, but now the plan only includes EX.

Has anyone else recently encountered this new "interpretation" of this site, or is it a case of a misinformed CSR?  My trial ends on July 4th, so I can try to revisit CCT again while still actively participating in the trial, pending feedback to my question in this Forum.

Thanks!

UPDATE:  I called CreditCheck Total (CCT) today, with only a few days left on my 7-day TRIAL membership.  As I was hoping, the CSR I talked with a few days ago was WRONG with the renewal information she had given me, saying the monthly plan ($14.97 discount rate) would include only Experian (not EQ or TU) FICO updates.

I talked with a different CSR today, and have summarized what she told me:

1.  The CCT monthly plan is still available at the discounted price of $14.97 per month for a 2-year deal (billed monthly), although this plan can be cancelled at any time.

2.  The CCT monthly plan includes DAILY FICO 8 Score renewals for not just Experian, but daily renewals for ALL THREE CRA's! 

(Other Forum members have previously been told EQ and TU scores would be updated just 3 times a month, with only EX scores renewed daily.)

*****  IF this CSR is correct, we now have a $14.97/month PLAN that includes DAILY UPDATES for FICO 8 Scores for all 3 credit bureaus (EQ, EX, TU)!

I signed up, of course, and was able to obtain all three FICO scores.  I'll certainly stay alert watching this account and its billing accuracy, on the chance that this information is not entirely correct.  Still, I have a pretty good feeling this will stay a good deal...!

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I finally got a FICO 8 score of 800 (TU).  Getting 800+ credit scores with other methods (VS 3.0 or FICO Bankcard 8 with its 250 - 900 score range) is one thing, but hitting 800 on FICO 8 (300 - 850 range) means a lot more to me, and probably everybody else!

I'm glad you got the $14.97 deal, but the new rep is wrong about something else. It's daily for EX, however EQ and TU are only 3 times a month. I just pulled the 3 reports and now have to wait to be able to do the 3 pulls again. If it was daily for all 3 of them (which I really would love to have) then I wouldn't be getting this message below. Enjoy the service! It's great.

3-Bureau Credit Report Refresh
11 days until you can refresh your 3-Bureau Credit Report with Scores at no additional cost.
Message 68 of 1,049
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

I had a feeling the "unlimited" score plan was too good to be true!  I guess I shouldn't feel disappointed with the three (only) monthly score update for EQ and TU, since it's still a good deal.  Once I hit the 3 score monthly limit, I'll probably call back and "challenge" this limit, citing today's chat with the CSR.  It will probably do no good, but you just never know...!

THANKS for clarifying that point, Vulcan1600!

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 69 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a feeling the "unlimited" score plan was too good to be true!  I guess I shouldn't feel disappointed with the three (only) monthly score update for EQ and TU, since it's still a good deal.  Once I hit the 3 score monthly limit, I'll probably call back and "challenge" this limit, citing today's chat with the CSR.  It will probably do no good, but you just never know...!

THANKS for clarifying that point, Vulcan1600!

No problem - good luck with the challenge, and if they cave in - tell them the unlimited would apply to all the posters from the myFICO in this thread Smiley Happy

Message 70 of 1,049
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.