Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Re: CreditCheckTotal

I called and was told the dollar would be refunded, and that they are being blocked by EX from showing an online report because my identity can't be verified.  I've had no fraud alerts from any company I deal with and none of my personal information has changed, I've lived in the same house for 10 years with the same phone numbers as well. Something shady is going on. I realize these credit bureau's are some of the worst run companies in existence, but this seems like more than just a clerical error.

Message 91 of 1,049
EW800
Valued Contributor

You have referred to Experian as a scam and shady. Perhaps it is time to just take your $1 refund and move on.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 92 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:
You have referred to Experian as a scam and shady. Perhaps it is time to just take your $1 refund and move on.

+1

Message 93 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had Experian monitoring for over 2 years and never had an issue, I just started CCT and so far love it.

I do not know what the identity issue is, but I am sure they can take care of it for you if you work with them on it.

Just my 2 cents...

Message 94 of 1,049
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

I referred to CCT as a possible scam, not EX.

It's not about the dollar, obviously, it's about paying for a service that you aren't given access to. I don't care if the service costs 1 cent, if you're going to accept money for something you better make sure you can hold up your end of the deal. Charging my card at the same instant I'm getting an error that won't allow me to access the service is bad business.

It really doesn't matter at this point, there's clearly a problem with both EX and EQ when it comes to verifying my identity which is laughable considering not one thing has changed since I pulled my reports online last year, and numerous other times throughout the year. MyFico has been providing alerts for all three CB's, and USAA as well up until a week or two ago when I cancelled. The question is what happened over the last week that has caused these two companies to deny me access to my own information online?

Message 95 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

It's not about the dollar, obviously, it's about paying for a service that you aren't given access to. I don't care if the service costs 1 cent, if you're going to accept money for something you better make sure you can hold up your end of the deal. Charging my card at the same instant I'm getting an error that won't allow me to access the service is bad business.

It really doesn't matter at this point, there's clearly a problem with both EX and EQ when it comes to verifying my identity which is laughable considering not one thing has changed since I pulled my reports online last year, and numerous other times throughout the year. MyFico has been providing alerts for all three CB's, and USAA as well up until a week or two ago when I cancelled. The question is what happened over the last week that has caused these two companies to deny me access to my own information online?

1. You mention it charged your card. Did you call the CC company to see if its commonly referred to as a "bank hold". It's a hold but didn't process and the bank removes it in a few days? Very likely that could be it.

2. To register, you have to answer certain questions about your past or questions concerning old mortgage companies, etc. I'm leaning to the fact that you did not answer one correctly and got the decline.

CCT is not a scam, but whatever, sorry it didn't work out for you.

Message 96 of 1,049
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

CCT is a product of Experian, so if you think it is scamming you, then you think EX is scamming you. The product doesnt have a mind of its own, it was made by, and is run by, Experian.

This service, and any like it, is not like most products & services, where you pay a $ amount, & they give you something right away. This product has sensitive info, so it requires you prove who you are first. Trying to compare this product to most others is just plain laughable. 

Instead of complaining about a product which works & demanding service without successfully verifying who you are, or fixing a possible fraud problem on your end, what you should have done is try & figure out a fix for the problem with 2 bureaus, because guess what, this problem aint going away until you expend a modicum of effort.

Message 97 of 1,049
EW800
Valued Contributor

@dapps06 wrote:

I guess we will we have to agree to disagree.  I have not seen anything even remotely close to CCT being a scam.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 98 of 1,049
grizindabox
Valued Member

Dapps, the key word in your post is "Pending".   What this means to me is that you were not charged, but the transaction was awaiting confirmation.

Message 99 of 1,049
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dapps06 wrote:

I called and was told the dollar would be refunded, and that they are being blocked by EX from showing an online report because my identity can't be verified.  I've had no fraud alerts from any company I deal with and none of my personal information has changed, I've lived in the same house for 10 years with the same phone numbers as well. Something shady is going on. I realize these credit bureau's are some of the worst run companies in existence, but this seems like more than just a clerical error.

Firstly, pending authorization could be part of the verification process / payment flow. It is for many other sites. $1 is most common, though I've run across one site (CardCash, which buys and sells gift cards) that will do a 1 cent authorization in some instances - had never seen that before nor since.

Have you opened any disputes in the recent past?  It's also possible one or more creditors have reported incorrect information. Maybe your street address on file was changed and/or new one added?

A simplier explaination is you failed to answer one or more of the verification questions correctly. Not sure that's it though, since Experian verification questions are generally reasonable. In contrast, Equifax seemingly goes out of its way to make verification more difficult than it needs to be - often 3, or even all 4, of the answers will be None. Try using a different computer and/or web browser. All three bureaus have an alternative process for requesting reports.

To echo other comments, CCT is the real deal. Report data and FICO 8 scores are spot on. No triggers to wait for. Updates are available promptly (EX daily; TU and EQ 3X per month) regardless of changes. CCT is worth the effort to get working, because it's among the best deals going for 3 bureau reports with real FICO scores.

Message 100 of 1,049
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.