Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditKarma.com - benefits?

tag
brother7
Established Contributor

CreditKarma.com - benefits?

I've seen CK mentioned several times on the forum.

Can someone explain what's the benefit of registering for CK?  I've seen the term "daily pulls" and wonder what this is. Also, are there any drawbacks to using CK?  In particular, I'm concerned about the increased number of INQs caused by "daily pulls".

There's a strong probability that I don't really understand the terms I used above, so forgive me if it's used out-of-context.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CreditKarma.com - benefits?

There is really nothing to CK.  All they do is provide a FAKO score from one of the CRAs.  I believe it is TU but could be wrong.

There is no inquiry and no pull of your CR.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pull TU and a soft inq goes on your report. Soft inqs do not affect your score and are only seen by you. It's a FAKO, but they graph it so it's good for trends. My CK score has been going up for the last 3 months, so I will assume so has my TU FICO.
Message 3 of 15
brother7
Established Contributor

OK, I just joined CK and pulled my score.  It matches my TU TrueCredit FAKO, so I guess that's what it is.

Does CK automatically pull credit scores or does the user have to manually pull it?  Just wondering how the graphing over time works.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to log in and update your score.

brother7 wrote:

OK, I just joined CK and pulled my score.  It matches my TU TrueCredit FAKO, so I guess that's what it is.

Does CK automatically pull credit scores or does the user have to manually pull it?  Just wondering how the graphing over time works.

Message 5 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They pull TU and a soft inq goes on your report. Soft inqs do not affect your score and are only seen by you. It's a FAKO, but they graph it so it's good for trends. My CK score has been going up for the last 3 months, so I will assume so has my TU FICO.

I have been using CK for around a year.  I check my TU credit report every other day.  There has never been an inquiry on it from CK, soft or otherwise.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been using CK for around a year.  I check my TU credit report every other day.  There has never been an inquiry on it from CK, soft or otherwise.

Remember that softs will only be shown on reports directly from the CRA, not on reports from a monitoring service.

My report shows softs from CK.

Message 7 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

My TU report shows CK softs too.
Message 8 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:
I get mine directly from the CRA and it does not show CK.

You purchase a TU report every other day from TU?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.