Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditKarma now offers yet another FAKO...VantageScore

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: CreditKarma now offers yet another FAKO...VantageScore

Matt, while the FICO 800-850 is generally listed as 13%, my recent EQ report says that "A score of 801 is better than 90% of U.S. consumers". As 3% with exactly 800 is unlikely, maybe the distribution has simply changed over time. Still, it's my impression that a polarization has taken place during these years of recession, so maybe the FICO distribution isn't based solely on EQ. Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 15
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Matt, while the FICO 800-850 is generally listed as 13%, my recent EQ report says that "A score of 801 is better than 90% of U.S. consumers". As 3% with exactly 800 is unlikely, maybe the distribution has simply changed over time. Still, it's my impression that a polarization has taken place during these years of recession, so maybe the FICO distribution isn't based solely on EQ. Smiley Surprised

Possibly the Great Recession has changed the score distribution!  Just now I re-checked both the URLs cited as sources for my table, and while the FICO document is unchanged from what I used, I notice the Experian percentiles are now slightly different.  For instance that Experian page now says a score of 900 is higher than 84% of US consumers, where my table says 89% are 900 or less.

I'm gonna add a link to this posting to my table!

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 12 of 15
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

It's a lot of fun comparing the various scores. They are very different naturally, but each of the score types appears to correlate with the rest across the agencies.

My TU and EX got hammered in the fall by inquiries, which is why my EQ, usually my lowest, is now probably my highest (I don't know my current EX FICO); EX Plus, EQ CS and Vantage illustrate this pattern.

I dug up the few oddball scores from the beginning of the year, and some were higher then than they are now. But it actually makes sense given they're all TU and EX.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is perfect, I have never seen that before...

Message 14 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

That is perfect, I have never seen that before...

Hi pstyr and welcome to the forums.

This is an older thread and since then we've learned that at least one lender -Chase - does use the VS for some credit decisions. Plus a few months ago a poster said a small, local lender pulled VS for a mortgage. But these are the only lenders I am aware of that use VS.

But no one can say there aren't more out there.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.