Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditSecure experience

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

CreditSecure experience

I thought I would give Amex CreditSecure a try today for $1 the first month.  I was dissapointed.  The online view cuts off some information from Transunion for some of the accounts and the only way to see it is to go into the Print Report view.  It also lists the same account in separate rows sometimes for each of EX EQ and TU.  And the inquiry view requires scrolling through multiple pages using huge blocks across the page for TU EQ EX for each inquiry, which is only in one of these blocks.  It just seemed messy to me, and I can't see paying $14.95 a month for 2 pulls with a messy service, especially when compared to the neat and consolidated view that I get for $12.95 with EIDT/MPM which offers daily pulls.

Amex also logged me out for inactivity after looking at my reports for 10 minutes.  I then went to log back in and got a message that I was not enrolled and that my Amex card would need to be billed again.  Ridiculous.

I am going to cancel this service tomorrow and stick with EIDT.  I just wanted to leave this data point here for anyone else comparing the usability of different CMS products.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: CreditSecure experience

Sorry to hear,  I was going to enroll in this service if I got approved for AMEX next month.

Message 2 of 4
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear that you don't like it. I actually think it's great. It doesn't look messy to me at all. I will agree that there are too many tabs, but there's a lot of information and i like that. 2 pulls is pretty much all i need. I don't see the point of pulling your information every day. It rarely changes that much.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 4
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Sorry to hear that you don't like it. I actually think it's great. It doesn't look messy to me at all. I will agree that there are too many tabs, but there's a lot of information and i like that. 2 pulls is pretty much all i need. I don't see the point of pulling your information every day. It rarely changes that much.

Yeah, no point in pulling every day if you don't see changes very often.  Mine does change frequently.  I record the dates that all of my creditors report each month and track balance updates, look for auto-clis, make sure things that were supposed to fall off did it on-time, see what inquries are new if I applied for anything, etc.  Sure, I could see all that in monthly pulls as well, but if I can pull it every day at a good price in a clean format, it doesn't make much sense to give up that service...

Last month my credit report changed on 12 different days of the month... and some of those days had multiple changes.

ETA:  I would have switch to CS, though, if it was easier to read and I liked the format better than MPM, but I just don't prefer it.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.