Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditkarma and Creditsesame

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Creditkarma and Creditsesame

I have been signed up for creditkarma for a month now and I know the score is off but I do like that it lets me know when I have an inquiry or new account opened. I just opened a creditsesame and was wondering if they do the same things as far as alerting you of new accounts/inquiries? I did not see it anywhere but I could have overlooked it.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Re: Creditkarma and Creditsesame

In May I purchased a new truck, I dont recall getting any notifications from Credit Sesame, just saw that the balance on my auto loan changed.

Message 2 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Credit Karma has the option for a daily pull which you trigger, and as such you get much closer tracking of balances and what not assuming your TU report is up to date.

Credit Sesame only does a once a month pull, so the alerting function isn't as useful if it's there even at all.  

The scores are effectively useless with the possible exception of the CK-provided Vantage Score, but I use both services for simply tracking my report data... if there was a similar freebie service that used the EQ report data I'd make use of it too.

        
Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I use both of the too.  They state they are for educational purpose only.  I also use them for entertainment purpose only.  Creditkarma you can at least update daily.  Gives you a running idea of your credit dealings, just don't pay attention to the score.  As far as Creditsesame,  a FAKO and EX, no telling what it's going to say. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
Tran92
Regular Contributor

CK scores are a bit off but not that much at least for me. About 20 points higher than my actual score.
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 5 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Tran92 wrote:
CK scores are a bit off but not that much at least for me. About 20 points higher than my actual score.

Yeah but mine are 60 below.  There's no rhyme or reason to it honestly, or at least no correlelation of even upward vs. downward swings with one's FICO score.  Between that and the fact no lender uses it, there's no use in using the scores other than amusement factor.  Even if they are close now, there's no guaruntee that'll remain the case in the future as I've had them move in opposite directions for the same action.   CK's score is seriously wierd for everything we know about FICO honestly.

That said, I'm firmly of the opinion that it's the report data that matters: if you have a pretty report, you'll have a pretty score regardless of what particular algorithm is used; and when it comes to report data, CK, CS, and others, are just peachy.

        
Message 6 of 7
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Yea I understand. I only use CK to see recent updates on my credit report. I mean the product is free. Would be a shame not to use it lol. (:
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.