Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor Statement: "Account payments assured by wage garnishment"

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Creditor Statement: "Account payments assured by wage garnishment"

I recently disputed an account from Portfolio Recover on my Experian credit report. I noticed the statement above in the verification results. I find this very disturbing.

I was never notified of any actions that could result in wage garnishment. The SOL for credit cards in Virginia where I live is 4 years, and this account is from May 2002. Can they legally do this? Is it time to talk to a lawyer?

Thanks guys, you are the best.
Here we go again...
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditor Statement: "Account payments assured by wage garnishment"

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I recently disputed an account from Portfolio Recover on my Experian credit report. I noticed the statement above in the verification results. I find this very disturbing.

I was never notified of any actions that could result in wage garnishment. The SOL for credit cards in Virginia where I live is 4 years, and this account is from May 2002. Can they legally do this? Is it time to talk to a lawyer?

Thanks guys, you are the best.

It doesn't sound right. The SOL for CC in VA  is 3 years DOLA.   UNLESS you took out the CC in another state that you lived at the time.

When you disputed what did it appear as....collections or judgment?  Im only guessing that it must be a judgment in order to be garnished. Also your emplorer should have notified that your wages would be garnished.

If it was only reported as collections I would DV the CA   CMRRR................If the CA notifies  you that wages are being garnished.......call an attorney.

This is just IMO.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.