cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor and Collection Agency reporting differently - Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor and Collection Agency reporting differently - Help!

My apologies if the dead horse is still gettin beat with this question.

Had a very delinquent home equity Loan which was put into collections

The collection agency is reporting 'Paid,Closed/Collection account' as the loan was paid off when the house this loan was attached to was sold.

However, the original creditor is reporting 'Foreclosure proceedings started. $12,671 written off'. I disputed this online with Experian because it was not written off, it was paid in full. The dispute came back as 'this item was verified and updated on Oct 2007.'

Whats my next step? Is there a sample letter around these parts I can use to get this information to show up correctly?

thnx in advance for any info
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Creditor and Collection Agency reporting differently - Help!

Actually this dead horse doesn't get beaten all too much comparitively.  Smiley Wink  When a dispute is not accurate, it's time to MOV http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=6237

Sounds like the CA is reporting correctly, you might try GWing them because you never know...

As for the OC they are showing a 0 balance?  Because if I am reading this correctly it sounds accurate... written off for accounting purposes but they still used the CA which you paid. 

How is this showing on your other reports?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.