Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor not licensed in my state...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditor not licensed in my state...

Ok, so being that my DH is in the military, we move a lot. He has two collections with a company not licensed in our (new) resident state of Florida. When I send a DV letter, how do they validate that? As I've seen in other posts that the creditor must be licensed in the state in which you live...correct? Any help would be appreciated, I would like to get these letters sent off ASAP, and want to make sure I should DV and not PFD first
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditor not licensed in my state...

File a complaint with the org that licenses CA's in FL

Just them Validating can get them in trouble
"Verifing" a CRA dispute can get them in trouble-

acissej323 wrote:
Ok, so being that my DH is in the military, we move a lot. He has two collections with a company not licensed in our (new) resident state of Florida. When I send a DV letter, how do they validate that? As I've seen in other posts that the creditor must be licensed in the state in which you live...correct? Any help would be appreciated, I would like to get these letters sent off ASAP, and want to make sure I should DV and not PFD first

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditor not licensed in my state...

WOW a lot of people from Fl.  I am not a lawyer!!!!  I have email and have talked to Fl. financial offices about this just today.

If you move into Fl. from another state and ALREADY have a CA after you......the CA does NOT have to be licensed in Fl.!!!!!

If you live in Fl  and then have a CO  with a CA trying to collect....they must be licensed

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-20-2008 06:54 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.