Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor will remove previous negative status from credit bureau

tag
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Creditor will remove previous negative status from credit bureau

Hello Everyone, I have a account which has a 60 day late back in 2005, I have disputed it with the CRA's. It was verified. After contacting the creditor thru mail they sent me a letter stating that they would have the CRA's remove the information. This is a student loan that was in forbearance. Time has since past and CRA's have not acted on the letter, if they have recieved it at all. I have a copy of the letter from the creditor stating that they were going to have CRA's remove the data. How do I properly used the letter to my advantage. It is not signed but it is on their letterhead. Thanks in advance

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Creditor will remove previous negative status from credit bureau

How long ago did you get the letter which stated the late would be removed?
Message 2 of 5
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried disputing the tradeline to the CRA? Send a copy of the letter through CMRRR. I have done it before and it works. I basically send simple note like this one:

"I am disputing account #. Creditor agreed to have it deleted. Please see the attached letter from creditor."

It should work. I am sure the experts here may have another advice.
Message 3 of 5
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

I receive the letter 6 months ago. thanks

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yea, I would dispute it. it should only take 30-60 days max for something to be removed if the creditor truely did put in the request.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.