Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditors than YOU have blacklisted?!

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What CCC is on YOUR blacklist????

Aside from the rebuilders (CreditOne, FP), I can't say I have any lenders on "blacklist".   That said, I'm incredibly dissatisfied with Citi and my experience with DC; I truly regret getting it.   Unless the Costco Citi Visa is extremely good, I have absolutely every intention of closing my TE before it transitions to Citi.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

That said, I'm incredibly dissatisfied with Citi and my experience with DC; I truly regret getting it. 

Do you mind elaborating a bit?  I mean I haven't had an amazing experience with my DC but I haven't had any complaints yet (granted, I've only had their card for a short period of time).

EDIT: None on my blacklist per se, but like some others mentioned I don't think I will ever (hopefully) give any of the predatory lenders my business.

Message 32 of 40
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Aside from the rebuilders (CreditOne, FP), I can't say I have any lenders on "blacklist".   That said, I'm incredibly dissatisfied with Citi and my experience with DC; I truly regret getting it.   Unless the Costco Citi Visa is extremely good, I have absolutely every intention of closing my TE before it transitions to Citi.   

What the heck is going on with Citi lately?

I mean aside from plenty of disappointments being expressed lately i have found them slacking in unrelated areas such as posting my payments as expected. I never had any issue before and i haven't yet thank goodness but they been delaying an abnormally long time contrary to normal service and recently they sent me not 1 but 2 denials for CLI's that i haven't even requested to begin with. Strange to say the least.

Message 33 of 40
ddemari
Super Contributor

For me I'm not wasting anymore apps with citi. They don't like me what so ever. I keep getting invites to apply for their shell gas card, no thanks! I'm done with trying to deal with us bank too, another head ache lender that I'm throwing off my radar. More so citi though
Message 34 of 40
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

the "WHY" of Capital one...well my wife had issues with fraud with them....My experience was I had a No Hassle card (I think that was it) way back and funny but the minute I put a custom picture on it my card was miraculously being used in Walmarts all over Texas....Cap 1 took care of it but I disposed of the card......I don't trust them, BUT I am sure others love them, this is just MY reasoning for blacklisting them......

EDIT: sp

Message 35 of 40
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

That said, I'm incredibly dissatisfied with Citi and my experience with DC; I truly regret getting it. 

Do you mind elaborating a bit?  I mean I haven't had an amazing experience with my DC but I haven't had any complaints yet (granted, I've only had their card for a short period of time).

EDIT: None on my blacklist per se, but like some others mentioned I don't think I will ever (hopefully) give any of the predatory lenders my business.

With the DC....low SL ($1200), high non-promo APR (21.9%), no SP CLI to date, one HP CLI to get to $5K, and I don't like their rewards system.   Rewards are delayed (unlike Cap One or Sallie Mae) AND they have a minimum to redeem (unlike Cap One, Discover, Cash+).   AMEX is probably as bad (if not worse, given they delay even more), but at least they have bonus categories above 2% and Amex Offers, to help console you.   Even BofA has BankAmerideals.   Can't say I've had any enticing Citi offers.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 36 of 40
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Not a bank, but I will never have a Macy's card again. Goes back a few years, somewhere around 2009-10, when they started balance chasing a lot of folks. Had no idea that they cut my limit, was embarrassed at the register, got a CSR on the phone, who was unbelievably rude and basically said my limit was cut "because we can, and don't have to give you an explanation." Two people standing near me and overhearing said they had similar experiences.

I don't shop there much anymore anyway. They've stopped carrying a lot of the lines I like, and the sales aren't as good anymore. I'm a Nordstrom gal now!

Message 37 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do have to say Cap1 has been the best to me even though they still are very stingy with cli's but hey I'm rebuilding I get it. I have a co branded citi card with Home Depot and it's a long long positive tradeline (11 years) but I cannot wait to go on my app spree and increase my cl's elsewhere so I can tell them GOOD BYE in a very nice way of couse...

Message 38 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than the predatory lenders like CreditOne, Chase can kiss my behind. They have never approved me in the past and they refuse to do so now. They do not like me and they have been nothing but rude and demeaning to me.    I judge a company on the way i am valued and treated with said company and how they handle any issues or requests I have.  I could care less if they think their products are the hottest or best on the market. 

Message 39 of 40
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I would kind of agree about Double Cash. I mean, I haven't had any problems with Citi, and with a second HP they gave me a generous limit on my DC. There's just something about the rewards structure that is a bit annoying. At the end of the day, 2% on every purchase with no AF is unbeatable for cash back and I understand that. But that doesn't change the fact that the rewards are delayed until statement cut, and delayed further if you are carrying a balance and paying over time (which I am, using the 0% promo!). Again ,this isn't a huge big deal, as I don't tend to desire to redeem $8 in rewards. But it's just the principle of them making things harder than they need to be. Why not just give a flat 2% and be done with it?

I don't myself using the Double Cash all that much, to be honest. I use it to pay bills, but for most other expenses I have a category card anyway, so meh.

Customer service wise, I haven't blacklisted any lender but I find Comenity to be very annoying to deal with. If the BJ's card was not such an obvious good deal for anyone who shops there even semi-regularly, I would have nothing to do with them. Despite their "easy CLI" reputation I have gotten exactly one CLI on my BJ's card in over a year and it was a dinky increase. They also steadfastly refuse to lower the APR. I don't carry a balance on it anyway, but just psychologically, 24.99% APR with my scores being 730-750 depending on bureau is insulting.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.