Frequent Contributor
subwaysandwich

Credits cards and loans....

So I'm out of school now with 20K debt and minimum payment of ~$200 each month for my loan repayment and I have no job. I live at my parents right now, and they pay for shelter and food. I'm looking for a job and am scared once the grace period on my loans are over, I won't be able to pay ~$200 a month and all my credit cards will be closed...Help?! Thanks!

Discover IT ($4000) ; Chase Freedom ($2000) ; AMEX BCE ($2000)
SImplyCASH ($3000) ; BOA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) ; Sallie Mae Mastercard ($3000) ; Capital one QS w/o annual fee ($3000)
AGE 23

Regular Contributor
manwoot

Re: Credits cards and loans....

Is your 20k in debt on credit cards?  I'm confused why you are thinking your loan status will affect your credit cards...

AMEX True Earnings (11.5k) || Discover IT (9k) || Chase Sapphire Preferred (6k) || Chase Freedom (5k) || Citi ThankYou Preferred (4.9k) || GE CareCredit (4.9k) || Sallie Mae (4k) || Citi Diamond Preferred (3.4k) || Best Buy (2k) || AMEX Blue Cash Everyday (2k) || Target REDcard (1k)
Established Contributor
nachoslibres

Sounds like you will need to get a job ASAP - even if it isn't something you want to do long term.  So that may mean being a pizza delivery driver, working at a fast food restaurant, etc., while in your off time hitting the pavement putting in resumes face to face until you find a job that fits you.

Credit Sesame® FAKO
Quizzle® FAKO
Equifax® FICO®
TransUnion® FICO®

Frequent Contributor
subwaysandwich

The loans are all school loans. No cc debt for me.. Does this info help any?

SImplyCASH ($3000) ; BOA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) ; Sallie Mae Mastercard ($3000) ; Capital one QS w/o annual fee ($3000)
AGE 23

Established Contributor
nachoslibres

subwaysandwich wrote:

The loans are all school loans. No cc debt for me.. Does this info help any?

They won't close your cards unless you quit using them.  Good job on no cc debt - keep it that way.  Take it from me that student loans can be a real pain.

Credit Sesame® FAKO
Quizzle® FAKO
Equifax® FICO®
TransUnion® FICO®

Regular Contributor
JoshNurse

I think you should get a easy stress free job.  Work at a gamestop, subway, pizza maker, etc...

Contributor
Dalanar

Like others have said, you need a source of income.  Even a part time job will help. 

Experian: 738 Equifax: 738 Transunion: 742
Capital One Discover: $0.4K
Capital One Platinum Mastercard: $5K
Chase Southwest Premier Visa Signature: $7.5K
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K
Discover It: $2K
Regular Contributor
JoshNurse

You can easilly maky over $500 monthly by working part time 2 days per week at a very easy job that pays minimum wage.

You are worrying about something that is not really a problem.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

subwaysandwich wrote:

So I'm out of school now with 20K debt and minimum payment of ~$200 each month for my loan repayment and I have no job. I live at my parents right now, and they pay for shelter and food. I'm looking for a job and am scared once the grace period on my loans are over, I won't be able to pay ~$200 a month and all my credit cards will be closed...Help?! Thanks!

ALL your student loans you can get additional deferment, hardships, etc.... Do not default on them!!

Fico Scores: EQ 673 DCU, TU 678 Wally, EX 669 Chase(08-31-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
subwaysandwich

Creditaddict wrote:

subwaysandwich wrote:

ALL your student loans you can get additional deferment, hardships, etc.... Do not default on them!!

That's kinda what I meant haha. I think I saw a post where someone asked what if they fall behind on their student loans and if that happens, CCC will see it and close or take action on that person's accounts/cards

AGE 23

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+