Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 355
Registered: ‎02-25-2014
0

Credits cards and loans....

So I'm out of school now with 20K debt and minimum payment of ~$200 each month for my loan repayment and I have no job. I live at my parents right now, and they pay for shelter and food. I'm looking for a job and am scared once the grace period on my loans are over, I won't be able to pay ~$200 a month and all my credit cards will be closed...Help?! Thanks!

Regular Contributor
Posts: 249
Registered: ‎02-16-2013
0

Re: Credits cards and loans....

Is your 20k in debt on credit cards?  I'm confused why you are thinking your loan status will affect your credit cards...

AMEX True Earnings (14k) || Discover IT (10k) || Chase Sapphire Preferred (6k) || Chase Freedom (6k) || Citi ThankYou Preferred (6.3k) || GE CareCredit (4.9k) || Citi Double Cash (4.9k) || Sallie Mae (4k) || Best Buy (2k) || AMEX Blue Cash Everyday (2k) || Target REDcard (1.5k)
Established Contributor
Posts: 603
Registered: ‎04-24-2014
0

Re: Credits cards and loans....

Sounds like you will need to get a job ASAP - even if it isn't something you want to do long term.  So that may mean being a pizza delivery driver, working at a fast food restaurant, etc., while in your off time hitting the pavement putting in resumes face to face until you find a job that fits you.

                   
Equifax® FICO®
804
TransUnion® FICO®
825
                 
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 355
Registered: ‎02-25-2014
0

Re: Credits cards and loans....

The loans are all school loans. No cc debt for me.. Does this info help any?

Established Contributor
Posts: 603
Registered: ‎04-24-2014
0

Re: Credits cards and loans....


subwaysandwich wrote:

The loans are all school loans. No cc debt for me.. Does this info help any?


They won't close your cards unless you quit using them.  Good job on no cc debt - keep it that way.  Take it from me that student loans can be a real pain.

                   
Equifax® FICO®
804
TransUnion® FICO®
825
                 
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 489
Registered: ‎03-19-2013
0

Re: Credits cards and loans....

I think you should get a easy stress free job.  Work at a gamestop, subway, pizza maker, etc...

Contributor
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎05-27-2014
0

Re: Credits cards and loans....

Like others have said, you need a source of income.  Even a part time job will help. 

Experian: 768 Equifax: 772 Transunion: 774
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $2K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 489
Registered: ‎03-19-2013
0

Re: Credits cards and loans....

You can easilly maky over $500 monthly by working part time 2 days per week at a very easy job that pays minimum wage.

 

You are worrying about something that is not really a problem.

Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,174
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Credits cards and loans....


subwaysandwich wrote:

So I'm out of school now with 20K debt and minimum payment of ~$200 each month for my loan repayment and I have no job. I live at my parents right now, and they pay for shelter and food. I'm looking for a job and am scared once the grace period on my loans are over, I won't be able to pay ~$200 a month and all my credit cards will be closed...Help?! Thanks!


ALL your student loans you can get additional deferment, hardships, etc.... Do not default on them!!

 

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 355
Registered: ‎02-25-2014
0

Re: Credits cards and loans....


Creditaddict wrote:

subwaysandwich wrote:

So I'm out of school now with 20K debt and minimum payment of ~$200 each month for my loan repayment and I have no job. I live at my parents right now, and they pay for shelter and food. I'm looking for a job and am scared once the grace period on my loans are over, I won't be able to pay ~$200 a month and all my credit cards will be closed...Help?! Thanks!


ALL your student loans you can get additional deferment, hardships, etc.... Do not default on them!!

 


That's kinda what I meant haha. I think I saw a post where someone asked what if they fall behind on their student loans and if that happens, CCC will see it and close or take action on that person's accounts/cards

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.